Interim Strategic Adviser Head of Finance - Edinburgh, Midlothian, United Kingdom,
Harvey Nash's Edinburgh based client is looking for an Interim Finance Director for a contract of up to 2 years to join their team based in the city centre, who have been charged with establishing a Scottish National Investment Bank.
The Bank intends both to provide finance to SMEs and other private sector entities, with £340m allocated for initial lending in 2019/20 and 2020/21. In addition, a range existing portfolio activities will be consolidated into the Bank and it aims to mature into a business with a capitalisation of portfolio of £2bn by 2025. This is one of the most high-profile Public Programmes of work within Scotland, and you will play a pivotal role in the success of this new venture.
The Role and Key Skills
To develop its activities and processes in a robust fashion, the Bank requires an Interim Head of Finance to lead on this.
The successful candidates will have:
- The ability to set and establish a Financial Plan for the Bank, which is linked to the strategy for the Bank
- Financial services experience
- A track record in designing, implementing and managing financial processes and reporting across a portfolio of investments and/or loans, and ideally in developing financial reporting for a team within a financial institution
- Exceptional analytical thinking and skills, and have the requisite credit and treasury understanding, having operated at a senior level for a number of years
- A strong track record of preparing management accounts and financial management information
- Experience of establishing and managing budgets for a Bank on a historical and forecast basis
- Understanding of relevant accounting standards for the Bank
- Understand the needs, and has experience of business partnering
- Experience of producing capital and liquidity reporting for the Bank
- May have experience of working in Treasury environments, with expertise of money markets and derivatives
You will have experience of working in a financial services environment, ideally with a dynamic and growing team. You will have exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong track record of managing credit and business risks effectively.
This is up to 2 years contract on offer with interviews to take place at short notice and a start date in January. For more information please click apply and for more information call Graeme McNaull.