Interim Strategic Adviser Head of Risk - Edinburgh, Midlothian, United Kingdom,
Harvey Nash's Edinburgh based client is looking for an Interim Head of Risk with a background in Investment Banking, for a contract of up to 2 years to join their team based in the city centre, who have been charged with establishing a Scottish National Investment Bank.
The Bank will work along other providers of finance to improve access to finance to SMEs in the range of £0.1m to £20m, along with providing access to more patient capital for mission-based finance to support development of Scotland's wider economy. £340m has been allocated for initial lending between over 2 and it aims to mature into a business with a capitalisation of portfolio of £2bn by 2025. This is one of the most high-profile Public Programmes of work within Scotland, and you will play a pivotal role in the success of this new venture.
- The ability to set and establish a Risk strategy for the Bank, which is linked to the strategy for the Bank - including having designed and implemented a risk framework, risk appetite, and the full suite of associated policies in a financial institution with lends or invests to commercial businesses.
- A strong track record of managing risk across a portfolio of loan or equity investments, ideally in the SME sector
- An understanding of corporate, business or project risk in an SME environment and in providing finance to businesses in these sectors
- As appropriate, establishing and managing any regulatory applications and approval processes in due course
- Be familiar with market risks and returns in SME and other investment of the Bank in order to identify those risks that are acceptable
- A track record in operating at credit committee level in understanding the credit of investment opportunities and successfully approving appropriate funding and rejecting opportunities that would not be attractive to the Bank
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical thinking and skills and have an outstanding credit understanding, having operated at divisional board level for a number of years
- Show leadership at a portfolio level to balance and evaluate risks across investment sectors and types
- Demonstrable experience in KYC, AML, GDPR, Conduct and regulatory compliance, etc.
- A strong track record of identifying internal business and operational risk to the Bank within a financial institution, including in areas such as systems/IT, and people management
This is up to 2 years contract on offer with interviews to take place at short notice and a start date in January. For more information please click apply and for more information call Graeme McNaull.