Planner (Central Government) - Westminster, London
£400- £500 Per Day
Reed Professional Services (RPS) is a Management Consultancy, technology services and outsourcing company specialising in IT, financial services and associated sectors. We specialise in partnership solutions, people skills and providing stability giving our clients powerful solutions and focused approach.
RPS are currently engaged with The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) are the UK government department responsible for safeguarding our natural environment, supporting our world-leading food and farming industry, and sustaining a thriving rural economy. They are currently delivering several vital work packages as part of an incredibly high-profile Business Change / Transformation Programme.
To support this, the need for experienced Project Planners has been identified to join and oversee a team.
Duration: 3-6 month contract initially
Daily rate: £400- £500 Per Day
Start date: ASAP
Location: Westminster, London
We are looking for a Project Planners who have a strong background working as a project planner to introduce planning best practice to support the delivery of better plans for the projects and developing them from initiation through to detailed plans.
- Scope definition- working with stakeholders to help clarify, understand, challenge and agree scope
- Workstream activity definition- (through meetings, phone calls, workshops) engaging workstream leads and related colleagues to drive out detailed activity and milestones to meet deliverable.
- Planning understanding- Helping stakeholders who are unfamiliar with detailed planning to structure their approach and activity in a way which can then be project managed and reported against.
- MSP Plans- using all information gathered to build multi- workstream, multi-scenario coherent, useable plans which will hold up to technical and operational scrutiny
- Building one-page PowerPoint plans based on Key activity and milestones.
- Proven experience of working in a Central Government Department or Public sector
- Public sector- critical, Central government –ideally
- Policy/paper process (rather than IT)- critical
- Consultancy internal/external-ideally
- Working in an environment subject to constant and considerable change
- Working to tight deadlines with short notice
- Hands- on and resilient in an ever changing, demanding environment
- Ability to react at pace to changing demands.
- Able to deal with and placate challenging stakeholders and colleagues both external to and within the programme
- Able to build rapport and trust
- Prior experience working for a consultancy.