6 week Event Management Internship - City, London, United Kingdom,
Our client is an international exhibition company, with offices in London, Hong Kong and Brazil. They organise the world's most innovative and global portfolio of built environment events. The portfolio includes within it award winning exhibitions across 3 continents including New York, Chicago, London, Scotland, Sydney and Auckland.
Their award winning event portfolio utilises a highly successful event format to deliver maximum value for sponsors, exhibitors and attendees alike; the format incorporates the 3 key principles of: business networking, content and entertainment.
They pride themselves on being a young, dynamic and exciting company that is passionate about what they do. They organise many social events and activities for their staff who they see as the key ingredient in the continued success of the company. They run huge numbers of competitions each year which provide the opportunity for staff to win holidays around the world, days off work, drinks, prizes and much more. As they continue to grow, they are able to provide exciting career progression opportunities for our employees.
This is a 6 week starting monday 14th October until 28th November offering £21K - £22K (pro rata) based in Central London
Day-to-day activities will include
Having grown rapidly over the last few years, an opportunity has risen for an ambitious and talented individual to join our UK Marketing and Production team. Our current portfolio of construction shows organised from the London Office are: Chicago Build, New York Build, London Build and Scotland Build. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual looking to gain experience in conference and exhibition event management.
- We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic candidate to step in and assist on multiple tasks in preparation for our construction shows
- This will involve generating interest for companies to enter the London Construction Awards (by phone, emails and social media), marketing campaigns, speaker acquisition, lead generation, client management, social media management, and general promotion of our company's events
- Successful candidates will be expected to be able to follow instructions, to have creative flair, and to take the initiative
- Training with departmental managers will be provided.
The ideal candidate's personality and qualifications
- Good spoken and written English
- Happy to talk over the phone
- Flexibility, readiness to perform ad-hoc duties for other departments
- The ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- Creativity and passion
- Experience with social media
- Experience with Indesign, Illustrator and Canva
- Communication skills are key since the role is 75% telephone based to invite companies to enter for the London Construction Awards
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure to hit targets and meet tight deadlines
- Come with creativity, passion and personality plus
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Work for a multi award winning company situated in bustling Barbican
- Full on-the-job training and skills development
- Join a fun, dynamic team in the heart of London
- Bonuses and other staff incentive days out of the office
- Sociable, supportive and friendly team
- In-house training from Conference Production to general event management
- Finish work at 4.30pm on Fridays
- A sociable work environment with staff incentive days and company nights out
- World class serviced office space equipped with a indoor cycle rack, changing rooms with showers and other amenities