Analyst, Financial Crime Operations, Financial Advisory - 12 Month FTC - City, Cardiff, United Kingdom,
The Forensic Financial Crime Operations Team provides a wide range of financial crime operational services to clients, including but not limited to customer on-boarding, remediation and refresh, transaction monitoring, sanctions screening and investigation support.
We are looking to recruit several Forensic Analysts to support the growth of the team and the build-up of our external offering.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The focus of our work will vary according to the specific issues with which the client is particularly concerned.
Our clients have obligations to conduct, maintain and update extensive research on and for their clients. This work is based on 'Know Your Client' (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements and regulations. Typically, our Analysts will be supporting our clients with these obligations.
As an Analyst you will be involved in a wide range of projects and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Conducting extensive research on clients, typically using IT-based research tools, producing outputs to a specified standard;
- Work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Adhere to review processes ensuring that internal and client policies are applied accurately in order to maintain a high quality of standard;
- Communicate effectively with our clients and their customers in a professional manner;
- Effectively manage your workload, ensuring that proactive action is taken and expected outcomes are met;
- Report to the team lead providing regular workload updates;
- Drafting formal reports for our clients in line with FCA requirements;
- Have a committed approach to task completions;
- Apply analytical and innovative problem solving skills.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Cardiff with the possibility of travel within the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a 12 Month fixed term contract opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- 2:1 degree preferable with strong A levels or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the internet;
- Effective time management/ability to prioritise tasks with an aptitude or willingness to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Ability to prioritise work effectively, as part of a team whilst independently managing own caseload;
- Have prior experience of AML and Financial Crime.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
WPFULL SLFINA LOCCAR
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 175278