Apprenticeship Programme Coordinator - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom,
Becoming an Apprenticeship Programme Coordinator with Group HR:
We are looking for an experienced Apprenticeship Programme Co-ordinator to join the Capita Academy team. This is a newly created role due to the expansion of the team and therefore an excellent opportunity to make the role your own.
Capita is looking to grow our apprenticeship offering and expand across a range of functional and specialist areas.
The Apprenticeship Programme Coordinator will play a key role in managing the programme. You will be responsible for ensuring Capita's apprenticeship provision is delivered in a complaint and successful way; working with our partner providers to deliver high quality apprenticeships across the organisation to develop new and existing employees.
Please note this role is a 6 month FTC with a chance to become permanent.
What you will do:
- Liaise with apprenticeship delivery partner providers to ensure high quality provision
- Develop action plans to include apprentices, training providers and local managers to address individual apprentice progress issues
- Develop wiki pages and other reference materials which inform interested parties about existing apprenticeship schemes and guide managers on what steps are required to launch new apprenticeships
- Review and analyse business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve the performance, retention and progression of apprentices
- Conduct surveys of apprentices and internal customers of the programmes including organising apprenticeship governance meetings to identify areas for improvements in programmes
- Actively promote the apprenticeship programmes internally to ensure opportunities are maximised
- Work with local schools and colleges to increase awareness and promote Capita's apprenticeship program in line with our Responsible Business strategy
- Ensure EPA (End of Point Assessment) is planned enabling apprentices and managers to be prepared and that the process is compliant and within timelines
- Organise apprenticeship awards and events
Your Experience and skills will include:
- Possess problem solving and analytical capability; experience of managing ambiguity and analysing metrics to find root causes and develop short, medium and long-term plans
- Experience in managing apprentices and/or setting up apprenticeship schemes
- Experience in learning & development
- Knowledge of employment law, equal opportunities, GDPR and government skills policy and apprenticeships
- Experience of coordinating apprenticeship programmes
- A good working knowledge of ESFA, Ofsted, awarding bodies, funding guidelines and the apprenticeship sector
- Excellent planning and project management capabilities with the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at any given time
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and relationship management skills
About the Capita Academy
The Capita Academy has been created to simplify the development needs of our people, strengthen our offerings as a group and give the knowledge and expertise to succeed in all our projects.
We are here to help mobilise & grow our in-house expertise. Induction and mandatory training enables and equips individuals so that they are informed and effective as soon as they join the Capita team. Technical & Management Apprenticeships help develop and build present & future capabilities, and, through attracting and developing graduates, we help support a sustainable pipeline of mobile talent.
We are building and developing our capabilities through a career path tool which will help both individuals and the business.
We aim to consistently strengthen our performance & potential so that the organisation can grow & individuals can realise their full potential. This will ensure a robust leadership pipeline is established so that there is a breadth and depth of present & future leadership succession.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
For the duration of your contract, we will work with you to make sure you can perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, we will give you a holiday allowance and access to the company pensions scheme (dependant on your length of service). You will also have access to a wealth of internal opportunities that could open the door to continuing your career with Capita.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact Vicky McCabe on for guidance.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.