Asset Management Lead - Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom,
MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for an Asset Management Lead to join Housing Association based in Sutton. This will be a 6 Month FTC paying £63,000p /a + Benefits.
* Uphold my clients Values, Behaviours & Leadership expectations at all times
* Lead and motivate a small team dealing with the use of assets, investment, development and disposal, procurement and commissioning contracts, VFM and open book reviews, contractual and commercial support to delivery teams, and budgetary control and financial reporting.
* Manage the Quantity Surveyor and Client Manager.
* Devise an Asset Management Strategy, on behalf of my client, based on maintaining accurate data on assets and customer insight, to ensure best use of assets stock investment, programmes, development and disposal decisions.
* Ensure that the Council's stock and any future developments are managed in an environmentally sustainable and cost-effective manner, sourcing funding opportunities where available.
* Maintain the Decency of the Property portfolio via the planning and delivery of major works programmes.
Skills & Experience
* Knowledge and experience of the Housing Sector with particular focus on Asset Management.
* Strong planning skills with experience of stock condition systems, programme planning and monitoring using IT solutions.
* Financial & Budgeting skills to set, forecast and manage budgets, understand risk profiles and explore opportunities for VFM.
* Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to communicate complex information effectively.
* Experience of managing contracts, projects, programmes and service providers.
* Highly skilling in data management and analysis using Excel, Asset Management Systems or other reporting methods.
* Knowledge of Land Law and title management.
* Understanding of implementation and deployment of GIS for use in the housing sector.
* Understanding of the formulation of the HRA with regard to the required forecasting of asset investment.
* Bring drive and innovation to the management of the assets.
* Strategies and plans will be up-to-date and based on sound and auditable information.
* Develop existing systems, or procure new ones, to assess NPV and social value to guide investment planning.
* Produce executive level reports for internal and external stakeholders e.g. performance, annual outturn, investment programmes, and budgets.
* Devise and introduce systems and processes to ensure the proper management of service providers and VFM.
* Use the data to formulate short and long term investment plans; report the performance of managed assets including but not limited to DHS compliance, energy performance, life cycle costing options and option appraisals to ensure that the stock remains sustainable from a physical, environmental and financial perspective; and to provide other information as required, and to ensure data consistency with other corporate systems.
* Ensure that the investment in the property portfolio is in line with LBS environmental targets and strategy and considered the wider London 2050 targets.
* Provide a high-quality asset management service protecting and enhancing investment in our housing stock and meeting the expectations of our residents and other stakeholders and enabling operational teams to deliver the right work at the right time to the right properties.
* Contribute to the wider borough objectives for regeneration and new developments for the social housing portfolio.
Title: Asset Management Lead
Salary: £63,000 P/A + Benefits