Benefits Money Advisory - Hounslow, London, United Kingdom,
Job Title: Welfare Benefits and Money Advisor
Pay Rate: £16.81
Hours: 36 per week
Duration: 4 Months with possibility of extension
- Provide specialist welfare benefit advice to residents, assess their entitlement to benefit, support them in making claims by completing complex applications and acting as their advocate in order to maximise resident's income and make rent payments more affordable.
- Evaluate the financial position of residents who are in rent arrears or finding it difficult to make payments, and provide them with practical support and advice to address the debt, manage and budget their income to sustain their tenancy or lease.
- Assist in the development of targeted benefits campaigns to increase awareness and take up of benefit entitlements.
- Advise and support residents in challenging decisions about Housing Benefit and Welfare benefits entitlement, including writing appeal and review requests on the customer's behalf and representing the customer at tribunals where required.
- Write written requests, including detailed reference to legislation and relevant case law, guidance or good practice, to the Housing Benefit Section for review when over-payments are incorrect.
- Identify and analyse the causes of bad debt and rent arrears and contribute to the development and delivery of financial inclusion and Anti- poverty strategies so that residents are given effective advice and empowered to manage their finances.
- To set up and develop specialist debt advice that improve value for money and meet the needs of hard to reach customers.
- Develop effective relationships with internal stakeholders, providers of advice and support such as Citizens Advice Bureau, Thamesbank Credit Union, Money Advice Service and other specialist debt advice organisations, to ensure that residents with financial or other problems receive a responsive, tailored debt and welfare benefit service, appropriate to their needs and vulnerability.
- Deliver a service which promotes equality and diversity by giving equal and fair access and identify and resolve perceived or real inequalities.
- Investigate, resolve and respond to enquiries and complaints from residents, members and MP's within agreed timescales in order to identify and implement improvements to the service, ensure that customer service standards are met and customer satisfaction is continuously improved.
- Update confidential case file notes and utilise the CRM and Ohms system to record outcome of request for appointments with the service.
- Design and deliver training to Hounslow staff to improve their ability to provide effective financial advice to residents.
- Create and update information and advice leaflets and publicity that empowers resident to understand and manage their own financial situation and for staff to support them in doing so.
- Keep up to date with current legislation and policy as it relates to the Benefit system to enable information to be relevant and accurate when advising customers and staff on Welfare benefit issues.
- To provide cover for colleagues.
- To be able to drive and have use of a car (desirable).
- Undertake other duties consistent with the purpose of this post.
- Work within the Councils Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy