Business Continuity Manager - City, Leeds, United Kingdom,
They are an information company and we serve as the door to opportunity for millions of customers around the world who look to them for guidance and the ability to participate in the global economy.
We see a score. they see a story.
Position: Business Continuity Manager
Job type: Full Time, 6 months Fixed Term Contract
About the role:
This role specifically involves the development and management of all aspects of business and operational resilience and business continuity, providing ongoing expert professional advice, leadership, support and oversight to executives, business operations and corporate functions to ensure that group operations can continue as required during any type of unplanned event.
The Business Continuity Manager will lead the building and embedding of an awareness culture of business resilience & continuity throughout the organization including providing training to those specifically involved in the business resilience & continuity and crisis management teams.
- Develop, and lead the corporate implementation of business resilience, recovery, crisis & emergency management, contingency planning and disaster-preparedness planning.
- Develop detailed assessment scenarios that critically evaluates the businesses ability to recover from a short and long-term business disruption.
- Provides leadership, support and expertise to executives and senior management during planned or unplanned events / interruptions.
- Lead interview-based and self-assessment-based assessments of enterprise resiliency capabilities across divisions.
- Perform risk analyses for individual business areas to identify points of vulnerability & single points of failure. Identifies risk avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Provide guidance and support around the communications to executive management and all employees during an event. Maintain and facilitate launch of the corporate mass communications alerting system.
- Perform research and analysis of regulatory changes and industry best practices. Lead the activities related to compliance by communicating gaps to senior leaders and stakeholders, recommending necessary action items and driving them to a timely and effective conclusion.
- Partner with IT disaster recovery team to conduct and document gap analysis between business recovery requirements and system recovery capabilities.
This position requires substantial experience in a business resilience planning, continuity, crisis / emergency management, facilities / critical systems management, security planning, project management or related role. Experience in risk assessment, strategy development, testing, and programme management, preferred. Ideally experience will have been gained in an IT-dependent financial services business.
- Specific knowledge of ISO 22301 (Business Continuity Planning) and FCA requirements relating to Business Continuity is strongly preferred.
- Experience with implementing an enterprise-wide resiliency platform and ability to identify metrics necessary for reporting and monitoring, setting acceptable assessment scenarios, and enlisting active self-assessment from business and technical partners.
- Prior experience with high-level and detail-level business resiliency, technology resiliency, maturity assessment and risk assessment capabilities.
You may have experience of the following: Business Continuity Manager, BCM, BC Manager, Business Continuity Officer, BC Officer, ISO 22301, BIA, BCP, CMP etc.