Business Continuity Specialist - City, Glasgow, United Kingdom,
Business Continuity Specialist
9 Month Contract - Potential for extension
Scottish Power is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy.
The role of Business Continuity Specialist sits within the Assurance and Risk function of Scottish Power Renewables, and reports to the Assurance and Risk Manager. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of the Business Continuity Management System across SPR, which involves developing, planning and delivering the Business Continuity strategy across offices, windfarms and other sites used by SPR. You will also be responsible for providing governance around the local BCMS arrangements throughout SPR, assessing, managing and escalating risk and responding, managing and recovering business critical activities following a BC incident (fire, protests, national emergency etc).
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the maintenance of Business Continuity Management systems with a view to gaining ISO 22301 accreditation
- Develop, maintain and continually improve the Business Continuity Management System across SPR
- Develop contingency strategies and / or continuity planning for emergent threats / risks (e.g. pandemic, fuel shortage etc)
- Develop, apply, maintain and exercise the Business Continuity strategy and plans across the SPR business to ensure that prioritised critical activities are effectively maintained in the event of significant business interruption
- Manage the Business Continuity team to ensure all required BCMS activities are completed within the timeframes of the annual BCMS operating plan
- Maintain preparedness of internal and external recovery locations
- Actively engage with BEIS and the Scottish Government at a senior level to establish and maintain a positive and mutually beneficial relationship for issues relating to 'Energy Emergencies' and 'Critical National Infrastructure'
- Provide expert advice relating to all Business Continuity risk and compliance matters across SPR. Externally, this includes supporting the procurement process for large contracts or responding to continuity related questions when ScottishPower tender for contracts
- Support and guide the SPR business or sites / departments during periods of significant business disruption to ensure prompt recovery and maintenance of prioritised critical activities
- To effectively report, monitor and maintain critical KPI measures to ensure performance targets are managed & delivered
Education, Experience and Skill Required
- Graduate or equivalent experience at senior operational level with a proven track record in people management, change management, performance delivery and organisation management & development.
- Possess a very broad range of skills to deliver strategies that will achieve financial, quality and regulatory targets
- Proven ability to execute day to day operating plans and the ability to lead, incept, develop, coordinate manage & execute forward looking business plans and improvement initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Business Continuity Management and ISO 22301
- An understanding of the variables and skills required in dealing with the wide range of SPR activity
- Experience in risk management processes & policy formation
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills at a senior level, with well-developed networking skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation.
- Strong management skills with a proven ability to manage 3rd party suppliers, vendors and agents to agreed commercial & contracted service levels / agreements strong focus and track record for delivery of excellent internal & external customer service
- Proven ability to lead, motivate & inspire teams to deliver stretch goals and objectives and use the ScottishPower leadership model and ways of working to do so.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate as a minimum:
- Graduate or equivalent experience at senior operational level with a proven track record in people management and change management
- Flexibility in working hours if required at short notice
- Experience and knowledge of Business Continuity or management systems
- Well developed influencing and negotiation skills at a senior level
- Management experience in utilities industry with a clear understanding of the complexities inherent in the de-regulated electricity and gas markets
If you feel this is the role for you then apply today for immediate consideration!
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.