Cancer Insight Manager (Maternity Cover 12 Months) - Harrogate, Yorkshire, United Kingdom,
Harrogate, North Yorkshire (with frequent travel across the Yorkshire region)
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
We are currently looking for a Cancer Insight Manager to join us on a 12 month maternity cover contract.
- Salary circa £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service to 30 days after 5 years' service)
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you have strong management skills and a background in working with cancer data, this is an amazing opportunity to support the ongoing work of our leading organisation.
We've got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we're looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Cancer Insight Manager, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As the Cancer Insight Manager, you will lead and manage the Cancer Insight team.
Through the collection and analysis of cancer-related data, you will ensure your team are the cancer and impact knowledge hub of the charity.
Your role will cover:
- Understanding the Yorkshire cancer landscape and evidencing this by collecting and interpreting regional and national data
- Estimating and monitoring our impact
- Supporting the development and delivery of our strategy
- Producing cancer-related policies and using these to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining and establishing relationships with key stakeholders
To join us as the Cancer Insight Manager, you will need:
- At least five years' experience of working with cancer-related data (or national and local data for another disease)
- At a minimum, three years' experience of managing a team in a health data-related role
- Experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Previous experience of creating models to estimate the impact of planned/proposed activity against strategic aims
- Experience of impact monitoring and how this can be used to assess the impact of a charity's completed, current and future work
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data and evidence from a range of sources in a way that derives actionable insights and experience of tailoring these insights for different audiences
- Experience of policy development and influencing external stakeholders
- Knowledge and an awareness of the cancer services landscape and publicly available cancer-related data
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field, such as those covering cancer or other diseases, public health or data analysis
Other organisations may call this role Data Insight Manager, Insight Manager, Insight and Analysis Manager, Senior Cancer Data Insight Analyst, Senior Insight Analyst, or Senior Health Data Analyst.
The closing date for this role is the 27 th September 2020.
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer and an individual's circumstances would be considered and balanced against the needs of the charity. We welcome any discussions for flexible working at interview/offer stage.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking a rewarding contract as a Cancer Insight Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency...... click apply for full job details