Change Communications Process Manager - Weybridge, Surrey, United Kingdom,
Morgan Philips Group is an innovative recruitment business with a footprint across 4 continents. In just 5 years, we have built a global platform that disrupts conventional thinking in executive and professional recruiting. We combine high-touch consultancy with worldwide search capability and digital sourcing technologies to help you recruit better, faster and cost effectively.
Working for a leading well known brand as a Change Communications Process Manager this is a 6 month role paying up to £450 per day. Looking for an asap start!!!
* Drive change through innovative change strategy, continuous improvement in delivery of process to the EMEA businesses, monitoring project benefits and assessing progress toward measuring the improvements within the business.
* Identify global and local change initiatives and impacts on the business and processes. Develop plans and toolkits.
* Work together with EMEA Regional Process Owners to embed the standard regional processes in EMEA
* Contribute to the definition and implementation of the regionally procurement change management strategy and methodology.
* Manage the network of business and functional Change Ambassadors and Champions, who deliver the change management tasks within their individual areas. Provide a bridge between the all business operations that are impacted by the changes.
* Strong track record of bringing change across all departments with best practice examples of working in a multi cultural, matrix global organisation.
* Must have dealt with process change in a number of projects for a global company working with a number of departments.
* Able to bring people with you on new work processes, systems and approaches to embed change.
* Ability to deliver management reports and metrics and give 'formal' presentations and updates to diverse audience(s), corrective actions, qualitative/quantitative updates etc.
* Experience in implementing standard processes and systems across an organisation
* Pharmaceutical sector experience with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings is ideal
* Track-record of leading planning process with excellent organisational and collaboration skills
* Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders
* International travel may be required for 1 day or 2.