Commercial Finance Business Partner - Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom,
Joining the lucrative Manufacturing and Production sector as a Commercial Finance Business partner on a contract basis with a market leader. Opportunity to gain exposure on a national and international scale with a global giant.
A market leader in their field this Manufacturing and Production join is a company that offers unrivalled possibilities to gain exposure for career hungry and driven individuals. With a strong leadership team in place, there is an opportunity for personal and professional development in a uniquely commercially focused role.
Based in Luton, they are looking for a Part Qualified / Finalist or late stage (CIMA,ACCA) studying Accountant / Analyst with a large commercial bias to add value on a daily basis through regular business partnering and pushing back to stakeholders when required.
With parking on-site they are an easy commute for anyone located in Luton, Milton Keynes, Bedford, and the surrounding area.
Key Responsibilities for the Commercial Finance Business Partner:
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiency's and cost savings wherever possible
- To build strong relations and provide financial support to commercial decision making.
- Work in close partnership with the individual budget holders and the group consolidation team to provide accurate, timely and comprehensive annual budgets as well as monthly re-forecasts.
- Be dependent on your resourcefulness and ability to influence and partner with finance teams in the business units together with non-finance managers
- To independently conduct monthly review meetings with budget holders and to act as a key point of contact to support the budget holders with commercial business, capital and investment proposals.
- Challenge business managers to ensure that all concepts have been properly considered before presenting to the business.
- Monthly presentation of financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk.
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to the non-finance members
The successful candidate for the role of Commercial Finance Business Partner:
- Be Immediately Available or have a relatively short notice period such as 1 week
- Must be studying towards a professional finance qualification such as CIMA, ACCA or ACA ideally at the final stages or actively part qualified
- Previous experience ideally in a similar Commercial Finance Business Partner type position
- Experience within a position of similar responsibility
- A detailed understanding of financial forecasting is essential
- Ability to adapt to various bespoke financial accounting systems
- Ability to manage pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Feel comfortable challenging operational management at all levels
- Commercial Acumen with excellent communication skills is necessary for this role
The opportunity to take ownership of processes and implement lasting change in a friendly and fast paced environment, looking to build upon a strong foundation.