Communications Consultant - Flackwell Heath, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom,
Looking for an exciting new opportunity? Have you worked in the pharmaceutical or medical industry? Do you have experience working with healthcare communication disciplines? If the answer is yes, this role is for you!
As a Communications Consultant you'd be planning and implementing product and therapy area communications activities. Also, monitor businesses objectives to drive the client's reputation to external stakeholders.
This is a 12 month contract working for a global pharmaceutical company.
* To plan, lead and implement product and therapy area communications activities.
* To develop and implement compelling and impactful communications strategies to drive growth of our Dynamic Champion brands and support business objectives.
* Build the clients profile and reputation with external stakeholders in our key areas of focus
* To coach and develop direct reports by providing ongoing counsel, support and sharing of best practice.
* To develop relationships of trust with relevant external customers (patients, patient advocacy groups & media) and key internal stakeholders to help shape and influence the environment.
* To build relationships and liaise closely with Communications & Public Affairs colleagues in the UK, EMEA and Global to ensure alignment and to partner on projects where required.
* Desirably have a BA degree in a science related field
* Complete annual Drug Safety, ABPI and HCC Awareness training
* Report Adverse Events and complaints in a timely way to Drug Safety according to current Adverse Event Reporting guidelines/SOP and to maintain Regulatory compliance
* At least 8 years' experience in pharmaceutical brand/product and therapy area or franchise communications
* Expertise in core healthcare communications disciplines
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate complex scientific data into compelling communications materials
* Strong media knowledge and journalist contacts
* Knowledge of new models of communication including digital and social media
* Strong technical competencies relevant to Brand/Product Communications, including issues management and proactive, compliant product communications
* Experience and knowledge of a range of therapy areas
* Flexibility and agility in managing proactive and reactive workloads
* Experience in benchmarking results and setting appropriate evaluation metrics
* Experience working collaboratively across different teams with competing priorities
* Strong negotiating and influencing skills
* Proven track record in delivering results in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
* Strong influencing and networking skills
* Strong project management skills
* Experience in agency and budget management
* People management experience
* Experience working collaboratively in a matrix and/or global organization
* Strategic focus and leadership
* Self-motivation and self-awareness
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.