Community Engagement Management - London, United Kingdom,
The client are looking for a highly competent individual on an interim basis, with experience managing a team with a community engagement or involvement remit.
You will manage, develop and deliver the community engagement programmes in the London Boroughs of Richmond upon Thames and Wandsworth.
You will lead on the Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy for both Councils - known as Wandsworth Local Fund in Wandsworth, and the Community Fund in Richmond.
The post holder will act as a channel of information between the Councils, partner organisations, community and amenity groups and local people, managing a Community Engagement team of five people across two Boroughs. Experience of working with communities is essential and experience working with elected Members (Councillors) is desirable.
In return you will work in a friendly and dynamic environment, you be able to work flexibility between offices in Wandsworth and Richmond, varying hours if required. Some evening and weekend working will be required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
To lead and manage the Councils' approaches to community engagement:
- To lead and develop the Community Engagement Programmes in both Richmond andWandsworth including
- Community Engagement Strategies supporting an approach to Place-making
- Initiatives to ensure all residents are able to have a say (including the Outreach Programme)
- Enabling community led projects including those funded by the Community Fund, and Ward based budgets.
- To advise the lead Cabinet Members and ward members, Chief Executive, Directors, and Assistant Chief Executives to ensure they have the information they need to fulfil their roles in respect of community engagement and involvement.
- To lead on reports for Overview and Scrutiny Committees in both Boroughs and Directors Board on Community Engagement
- To design approaches to support the development of placemaking, community capacity, and facilitate delivery of community led projects and initiatives.
- To advise all service areas across both Councils, representatives from community groups and partner organisations in both boroughs on community engagement programmes, projects and initiatives and ensure there is joined up working and prevent duplication of activities.
- To work across all Council departments to ensure community engagement practices are embedded in service delivery and that this reflects the needs and policies of each Borough.
- To take a leading on the community engagement aspects of the Climate Change and Air Quality Programme in both boroughs
- To lead on the development of innovations in community engagement and ensure delivery of the core engagement mechanisms across both boroughs including community drop-in's, walkabouts and forums; the Community Conversation local area meetings and themed meetings in Richmond and Let's Talk in Wandsworth.
- To ensure that equalities considerations are part of the design and delivery of community engagement in both borough, including the production and update of Equality Impact Assessments
- To evaluate the progress of community engagement projects and programmes, identifying lessons learnt, so that the future approach can be adjusted.
To manage the Neighbourhood Community Infrastrucutre Levy
- To manage the allocation and spend of Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy in both boroughs, including overseeing the process of application, allocation and delivery, monitoring spend working closely with the Head of Community of Partnerships; responsible lead officers, and Finance.
- To lead onreports, updates and presentations on the broad range of community engagement activity in both boroughs to senior officers, Members and community groups.
- Experience of managing staff
- Substantial experience of delivering community engagement, involvement and capacity building projects in a local authority or similar organisation
- Negotiating, influencing and building constructive relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders including members of the public, local organisations, colleagues and elected members
- Project planning to deliver agreed outcomes to demanding timescales
- Working successfully with community or voluntary organisations or residents to build community capacity
- Understanding and experience of using the internet, websites and social media as communications tools
- Understanding of the strategic aims of the Council and the ability to exercise good judgement in promoting them
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy