Consultancy Manager - City, Bristol, United Kingdom,
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Consultancy team to lead project management in the South West. Are you an experienced, multi-disciplinary people manager with experience of working at a strategic level? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead high quality behaviours and standards? Do you have experience and an in-depth knowledge of project management in Historic or the Natural Environment and managing programmes of work? If so, this could be a fantastic new role for you.The South West is a unique and special place - big skies, dynamic coastlines, country houses and estates, stunning gardens, working farms and places rich in nature. We cover a large territorial range, with 72 portfolios reporting to two Assistant Directors of Consultancy. Our Consultancy team is based across 4 hubs at Killerton, Lanhydrock, Bristol and Tisbury.
This is a fixed term contract due to end when the previous employee returns from maternity leave. At this point we cannot confirm exactly how long this contract will last, but it is unlikely to be more than 12 monthsWhat it's like to work here
The National Trust Consultancy is home to specialists in every field of our work and as such is a great repository of skills and experience. The consultancy operates as an internal service to support our properties and places to benefit from a range of professional services, creative and innovative thinking, as well as expertise in all matters relating to our twin purposes of caring for the nation's heritage and landscapes, and making these accessible. Our vision for the South West Consultancy is one that 'unlocks growth and is the gear to drive forward delivery that enables us to achieve our strategy'.What you'll be doing
As our Consultancy Manager leading on projects, you'll manage and develop a team of Project Managers working across the South West. You'll be central to the planning and prioritisation of our programme of work. Providing advice and guidance on project management skills required for projects. The scope of our projects is varied from historic building restoration and visitor infrastructure to residential let estate, to environmental engineering and natural heritage.
Working with a team of Consultancy Managers, and the Assistant Director of Consultancy (ADC) you'll drive forward our project management capacity, raising standards and seeking to improve our efficiency in this area. You'll work with our central project team to ensure project management standards are being upheld and improved upon in the region. You'll work with other managers across the South West to establish a network of specialist consultancy input for our projects.
Please also refer to the role profile attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
You'll be driven by progress, delivery and change. Your leadership skills demonstrate how you deliver through building and developing exceptional teams. Above all you'll be the lead for excellent project management in the region, directing and developing our Project Managers both in the Consultancy and across our National Trust properties.
- A proven track record of leading multi-disciplinary, professional teams
- Experience of managing and leading complex and multifaceted projects and programmes
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- A creative approach, with the ability to drive improvement and change
- Strong consultancy, influencing, negotiating and problem solving skills
- An understanding of how to manage change successfully within heritage, conservation or environmental settings
- A clear client focus and the ability to work and effectively manage your time across several projects
- A project management qualification or suitable relevant experience
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.