Continuous Improvement Coordinator - Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom,
Please note this role is for a 12 month maternity cover. No priomises but we would hope the role would lead on to wider oppotunities.
This role is an entry level role who would suit someone wanted to break into a career in insurance, you'll report to the oprations manager for Hiscox broker.
You'll love solving problems and be a maverick for making things better by driving efficiency and continual service improvements across the UK underwriting channel.
In your new role you'll play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of efficient continuous improvement methodologies by helping us work smarter with the resources we have whilst making our customer journey for our Brokers the best it can be.
What you'll be doing
- Identifying and facilitating process improvement projects alongside the Broker Operations Team, creating continual improvement loops and mechanisms, driven from internal and external feedback.
- Analyse our Broker business to highlight areas for improvement.
- Review priorities and success indicators on a regular basis.
- With the Broker Operations Manager and Lean Expert track the benefits, ensure we maximize the projects that have been delivered and improve where needed.
- Making sure that lean projects are supported by designing process maps, clearly articulating the operational problems we are looking to address - continually checking in as the project progresses to make sure these are being met.
- Conduct root cause analysis of issues to determine what processes require improvement - including identifying pain points for the surgeries
- Design and create process documentation, and ensure it remains up-to-date by reviewing on a regular basis
- Lead and contribute to lean projects to improve the way work flows through our Broker business.
- Secure commitment from process managers, building relationships with key stakeholders
- Project planning completed for all improvement processes - analyse and identify gaps, look at options as well as their impact and feasibility and take account of planned outcome
- Able to identify obstacles and ways to overcome them
Our must haves
- A results driven approach, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where pace of response and ownership is critical to success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to convey ideas and information in a clear and appropriate manner, tailoring to your audience
- Determination for quality, able to provide ruthless focus, a real self-starter
- A "roll your sleeves up" attitude, prepared to get the job done whatever it takes
- Creativity, proactivity, logic and innovation - to identify what "could be" and demonstrate good problem solving and decision making skills
- An ability to evaluate the implications of various options before making a decision and take accountability for decisions
- An ability to resolve issues with limited guidance or intervention
- Self-confidence and work well in cross-functional groups with peers and stakeholders
- Skills in Microsoft Office, Visio and Microsoft Project or similar tools and have a good knowledge of Excel
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.