Director of Finance (Operations) - City, London, United Kingdom,
My client is a world leading hub for cultural education and international relations. Their commercial growth in recent years is hugely impressive and they are currently going through a really exciting internal cultural shift and transformation programme. This is a fantastic opportunity for a forward looking and strategic thinking finance professional, who will head a central finance team and lead the global financial accounting network.
- As part of the Finance Leadership Team, provide leadership to finance staff globally
- Work closely with the Director of Corporate Finance who leads on financial planning and analysis to ensure there is a robust framework in place to support reporting requirements
- Lead and deliver the year end reporting processes, ensuring accurate financial reporting output
- Co-ordinate the process of the preparation and audit of statutory accounts for all entities across the organization
- Oversee global treasury operations, ensuring that liquidity is managed, and foreign exchange risk is minimised, both within corporate policy. Act as the key point of contact for global banking relationships
- Oversee the financial aspects of establishing new subsidiaries, branches and other legal entities globally, working with relevant colleagues in the UK, regions and countries
- Own finance and business processes globally. Act as a facilitator of effective relationships between the UK, regions, countries and Shared Services Centre, to ensure high quality communications on process matters and SAP processes working to best standards possible within existing constraints
- Contribute to the development of finance function change strategies, and act as a key change agent for all finance change projects underway
The successful candidate will be a CCAB qualified accountant with proven experience of successfully managing and delivering in global financial control roles. They will have managed very large, complex finance teams, and bring flexibility, independence and initiative to perform successfully in a rapidly changing environment.