Director of Housing - London, United Kingdom,
Local Government Director of Housing
Your new company
A Local Authority
Your new role
To have strategic leadership responsibility for the delivery of a portfolio of activities and provision within Housing, including services to tenants and leaseholders, repairs and maintenance, small works, temporary accommodation and homelessness advice. As a member of the Divisional Management Team (DMT), to work collaboratively with other management team colleagues and external stakeholders to achieve the Directorate service plans and priorities.
- You will report to the Corporate Director of Inclusive Economy and Housing.
- You will have overall responsibility for all functions including oversight and management of the budget in the Housing Service
- You will have staff management responsibility for a range of diverse professional disciplines across multiple service areas, within the Housing Service.
- Accountabilities - Director of Housing
- To deliver resident focused housing services with an emphasis on high quality, responsiveness and preventative maintenance.
- To deliver a high-quality cost-effective repairs and maintenance service ensuring at all times strong and effective internal controls are maintained.
- To deliver a cost effective and high-quality Housing works and small building works service.
- To deliver a respectful and supportive approach to those households in need of temporary accommodation and a homeless prevention and advice service and the temporary accommodation agency.
- To work closely with the Director of Operations (Adults) in managing the needs of very vulnerable homeless individuals.
- To manage the Council's private sector housing licensing and enforcement service to ensure safe homes and fair treatment for residents.
- To deliver an effective, value for money HRA business plan with a focus on preventative maintenance.
- To deliver a timely and cost effective HRA and Housing capital programme adhering to the corporate programme management requirements for reporting.
- To be responsible for:
- Private sector landlord licensing and enforcement
- Residents Services
- Repairs & Maintenance Services
- Housing Works
- HRA & Housing Capital Programme
- Temporary Accommodation/Central Accommodation Agency
- Housing Compliance & Lettings Service
- Homeless Prevention & Advice
This is a politically restricted post under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 and the Local Government Officers (Political Restrictions) Regulations 1990. The individuals holding this post cannot have any active political role. Politically restricted employees are prohibited from:
- standing for office as local councillors, MPs, MEPs, Members of the Welsh Assembly or Members of the Scottish Parliament,
- canvassing on behalf of a political party or a person who is, or seeks to be, a candidate, and
- speaking to the public at large or publishing any written or artistic work that could give the impression that they are advocating support for a political party.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience in Local Government covering the area listed in the role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.