Director of Programmes - Heald Green, Cheshire, United Kingdom,
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Programmes to join our team based in Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time, basis as part of a 1 year fixed term contract and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £63,000 - £68,000 per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
As Director of Programmes, the successful candidate will oversee the work of the UK and International Programmes department, providing direct line-management to Programmes staff in the UK and the Country Directors of our Field Offices in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The Director of Programmes will develop work plan priorities and build institutional partnerships to provide strategic leadership for the overall development of Human Appeal's global programmes, encompassing both emergency response and long-term sustainability projects, in order to deliver Human Appeal's global strategy.
Benefits of joining us as our Director of Programmes include:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working Opportunities
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
Key duties and responsibilities of our Director of Programmes:
- Support, coach and develop staff in the UK Programmes department and maintains strong distance-management of Country Directors at Field Offices in Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestine, Somalia, Syria, Turkey and Yemen
- Develop annual Programmes objectives in the UK and internationally in Africa, Asia and the Middle - East, in line with donor and institutional funding requirements
- Deliver Programmes objectives with a portfolio of Projects delivered in budget
- Maintain existing and identify new strategic partnerships and institutional funding opportunities to reach and exceed organization's income targets
- Oversees the preparation of reports to effectively communicate the results of Projects to the Senior Management Team, Board of Trustees and donors
- Play a key role in the day-to-day operations and strategic leadership of the charity alongside the experienced Senior Management Team
What we're looking for in our Director of Programmes:
- Degree-educated in a relevant field, ideally to post-graduate level in International Development or - Humanitarian studies
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in Charity Programmes
- Minimum 5 years of people-management experience
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential and additional languages, e.g. Arabic, Urdu are desirable
- Right to work in the UK
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please click 'apply' today to become our Director of Programmes - we would love to hear from you.