ER Consultant - City, London, United Kingdom,
ER Consultant X 2
£250-£300 per day
- Are you an ER Specialist that is available on short or immediate notice?
- Do you have experience of working on complex cases within a large-scale organisation?
- Do you consider yourself adaptable and able to change your style/approach for different client groups?
If yes, then this may be the role for you.
After working with this client for the first time earlier this year, they have engaged me once again to help them to find two interim ER Consultants.
The Employee Relations Consultant plays a key role in enabling the organisation to maintain a positive Employee Relations climate. They provide specialist, high quality end-to-end formal case management support for disciplinary, grievances, appeals, etc. and will be required to lead on a variety of case management activities, advising and coaching managers throughout.
The Consultants will apply their ER knowledge to interpret, advise and implement People policies and procedures ensuring they balance individual and organisational needs, managing and supporting the wider HR team and managers with associated risks. They will demonstrate a strong commitment to achieving optimum commercial and efficient outcomes.
Based in London, this role is available for an immediate start. The client would ideally like to have you on-board by the end of November at the latest.
- Provides ER advice and manages a suite of complex formal casework (e.g. disciplinary, grievances, appeals, formal sickness, formal capability etc.) end-to-end in a timely manner.
- Advise and coach managers on ER formal case work:
- Act as the conscience, supporting all parties and ensuring fairness and consistency.
- Support managers and the wider HR Team with risk management at all stages.
- Prepare all correspondence and packs for cases, ensuring managers are briefed.
- Liaise with trade unions on casework seeking an informal resolution where possible.
- Scope terms of reference and manage all investigations, maintaining the appropriate standards throughout and for the final report.
- Ensure Equality, Diversity and Inclusion considerations are addressed
- Up-skill the wider HR Teams and managers on employee relations practice supporting the delivery of training to enable them to work differently.
- Ensure all cases are managed, tracked and reported consistently identifying any trends that should be shared with the wider HR Team.
- Gather and analyse data on all case work to produce written reports, as appropriate, to enable improvement in people management issues.
- Ensure that all necessary records and files are maintained accurately and appropriately.
- Ensure that managers, and relevant HR staff are kept regularly up to date on casework progress, particularly with more high risk and complex cases.
- Design and facilitate staff awareness sessions (in partnership with OD) on Policy application and development.
- Participate in the development of the HR Service, to undertake continuous personal and professional development and to support the development of colleagues.
- Work in collaboration their immediate team and the wider HR team, to deliver an excellent customer service.
What you need to succeed?
- HR experience, preferably gained in a complex, large and unionised organisation with multiple sites.
- Experience of applying employment law and best practice in the workplace.
- Experience of and confidence in providing advice and guidance to all levels of staff on
- ER related matters and supporting managers to resolve casework fairly and within reasonable timescales.
- Experience of developing or contributing towards the development of employment policies and procedures and delivering any associated training.
- Personal credibility which validates HR expertise and supports service delivery and managers expectations.
- Experience of working in a team to achieve results.
If you believe you possess the right skills and experience to succeed in this role, then please get in touch ASAP. The client is keen to receive CVs immediately with a view to interview on short notice. For further information or to apply, please send your updated CV to