Education and Engagement Specialist - Warwick, Warwickshire, United Kingdom,
If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you.
Let's be honest, you've probably lost count of all the young people you've worked with who've either dropped out of education or been excluded. It's no surprise to you that part of the problem is that these vulnerable young people aren't being challenged in a positive way and may not have been provided with the necessary support and resources to succeed It's just one big tunnel with no light.
A good education isn't enough. This is where you come in. Working in the community you'll face a young person with social, domestic and emotional issues. This is their world, and there's no way out or is there?
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract - offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around Warwickshire
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements last 6-12 weeks - hours may vary
What's in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated Education Co-ordinator
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resources subsidised per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Invitation to an annual conference for all Education Specialists - a great opportunity to meet your colleagues, have lunch and attend interesting conferences with SEN specific keynote speakers
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of supporting, planning and differentiating lessons for students with SEMH and/or SEN, particularly with ASD, ADHD and PDA
- Teaching to KS2 - KS4 and ideally have experience of those working below their academic age
- Have at least 2 days per week available
- Experience of supporting Looked After Children and students who have been excluded
- A range of experience in engagement and behaviour management techniques and be willing to attend MAPA training
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Finally, willing to undergo rigorous pre-employment and DBS checks in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy
You can always contact us to find out more so give Alex a call- on .
We're serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check...... click apply for full job details