Employee Relations Bushiness Partner - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom,
Employee relations Business Partner
3 month contract
Midlands - with nationwide travel
To support the delivery of an effective and consistent HR 'one team' service across the UK
To work proactively, acting as a strategic partner to the area of the business they are aligned to, working with the HRD/HRBPs and Executive leadership teams, to engage in the design and delivery of change programmes, ensuring that these form part of the wider planning programme across the ER calendar
Provide expert support to ER activities within SBU, local geography and wider UK business to meet business needs.
To contribute to the overarching development and delivery of the HR advice & guidance tiered model
To support line managers and HRBPs in responding to and delivering appropriate solutions to employee relation (ER) issues and challenges, whilst managing and minimising business risk
To support, and lead as appropriate, in the design and delivery of projects and solutions for ER, operational change programmes, performance management ,education and training in relation to the advice & guidance tiered model
- Act as the primary interface between the SBU Executive leadership teams, HRD and the ER team by identifying and facilitating the development of solutions to ER/Operational change programmes and activities
- Consult on, lead and project manage the design, development and delivery of a wide variety of business change / business improvement projects including, but not limited to, restructures, redundancies, TUPE mobilisations/de-mobilisations, complex change and performance management
- Advise and coach business unit managers to effectively manage all employee relations issues in line with the HR policy & guidance tiered model
- Proactively identify issues and/or areas of improvement/development, identifying and implementing appropriate interventions to resolve issues/improve performance
- Working in partnership with the assigned SBU HR/Leadership team to ensure early visibility of ER/Change activity and ensuring that this is effectively programmed in with appropriate resource.
- Leading as a champion for the ER team and advice & guidance tiered model building positive working relationships with client base
- Leading as a specialist in a particular topic/field on behalf of the wider HR employee relations team - viewed as the expert in this area
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of HR initiatives and work with the SBU management team to agree and implement remedial action plans from an ER perspective
- Build and maintain strong relationships with managers and employees, to ensure HR remains responsive to business needs and expectations
- Act as a point of contact and support line managers, as appropriate, across the full scope of all escalated Employee Relations (ER) cases, including attendance where face to face support is required for more complex cases, to include but not limited to:
- Misconduct / Disciplinary
- Capability / Performance
- Absence (short and long term)
Essential experience required
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of building, developing and maintaining positive, collaborative working relationships, with senior leaders, ideally with experience of working in complex, matrix structures
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated through a variety of methods including written and verbal communication, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Proven experience of effectively utilising a variety of effective influencing skills to achieve business aims and objectives
To discuss this opportunity further, please send your CV to Katy Moore by clicking Apply Now. Candidates with relevant experience will be contacted shortly after.
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to contact those who have been shortlistedAdvantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.