Employee Relations Caseworker/Assistant HR Business Partner - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom,
Network Public Sector have been retained to source an AssistantHR Business Partner on behalf of our respected client -on a contract initially until end March 2020. This is an immediate opportunity.
Assist the Head of HR and HR Business Partner in providing a high quality, performance focused HR service that meets customer needs and corporate objectives. Deliver HR programmes to the organisation, primarily involving employee relations, capability and performance management.Working flexibly and collaboratively with other colleagues across the organisation to proactively identify areas for service improvement.
- This post will play a key role by working in partnership with managers on all aspects of HR from employment law, innovative people management practices and equality diversity and inclusion.The appropriateness and timeliness of advice will ensure that the organisation is able to manage the risks relating to people management effectively.
The role will help to ensure that the HR team achieve their objectives to deliver an effective service to the rest of the organisation.
·Managing a busy case holding, liaising effectively with third parties such as occupational health
·Attending capability, performance, disciplinary and grievance meetings to provide advice, line management support and note taking.
·Business partner the operational areas of the organisation to improve efficiency
·Interpret and advise line managers and staff on the application of terms and conditions of service, best practice, policies / procedures and new legislation and proactively advise managers of changes
·Identify and raise awareness of potential improvements to the service on an individual, team or organisational level through HR interventions
·Promote good governance and compliance
·Work collaboratively with the HR Advisors and apprentice
Main working relationships:
·Managers and Team Leaders
·Members of the staff council
·All other staff members, you will also liaise with a variety of external agencies
Observe the requirements of the business's policies including the Health and Safety, Data Protection, and the Equality and Diversity Policies.
There will be opportunities for personal and professional development
·Associate or full chartered membership of CIPD or significant comparable experience
·Educated to Degree level - ideally in a relevant HR discipline
·Coaching and mentoring
- Experience of managing and handling the people aspects of change management
- Experience of implementing HR strategies - e.g., performance management, complex employee relations issues
- Experience of providing constructive feedback, including difficult messages
- A track record of delivery in the areas of planning and delivering employee relations initiatives
- Demonstrable experience of managing contentious people issues effectively together with a high level of emotional intelligence and strong inter-personal and communication skills
- A sound generalist HR background with experience of managing people and wider understanding of people issues
- Experience of working for the public sector or for a NDPB
- Experience of employee consultation
- Employment tribunal experience
Personal aptitudes and skills
Proven ability to:
·Actively listen and extract key information
·Communicate articulately and confidently
·Adapt method and style of communication to meet audience needs
Establish trust and confidence with internal and external customers
·Manage challenging behaviour
·Influence others, including those outside direct working relationships, to reach accepted outcomes
·Take decisions quickly and confidently
·Be able to write concise, accurate, logical and simple written material, including letters and reports
·Work under pressure, prioritise effectively, meet deadlines and achieve targets
·Work on own initiative and with minimal supervision; and work as a member of a team