Engineer - Public Sector - Cardiff, South Glamorgan, United Kingdom,
Pay: £15.34 ph umbrella
Hours: 37 hour week
Duration: 3 month ongoing
Scope: Inside IR-35
My public sector client is looking for someone to assist the Construction & Development Team in the delivery of a comprehensive range of professional and technical services in relation to estimating / finance, design and project management.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the highway unit operates with a satisfactory profit margin, within the guidelines and the current legislation regarding ensuring that the rate of return is achieved.
- The pricing of all bills of quantities for the Construction and Development section, for both minor works and major projects.
- When required to assist in the preparation of designs and contract documents including drawings, bills of quantities, specifications, and tender documents with particular reference to highway projects using appropriate IT and CAD facilities.
- Understand current design standards and be proficient with computer packages for the design of projects.
- Assist with the compliance of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
- Monitor all orders placed to ensure they are recharged and to control incoming payments.
- To be responsible for all final measures carried out and for all claim resolution.
- Compile monthly valuations for works carried out by the Works Unit and investigate any areas of discrepancy / loss and to take appropriate corrective action.
If your experience fits, please do not hesitate to apply. Thank you...... click apply for full job details