Enterprise Architect - Gloucestershire, United Kingdom,
4 Months Contract
My client a leading energy provider is looking to engage an Enterprise Architect to join them at their Barnwood location in Gloucester for 4 months whilst they look to recruit on a permanent basis. You will contribute to the IT Strategy, owning and evolving the principles, patterns and standards which ensure they deliver the right things in the right way to enable them to achieve their strategic goals.
Enterprise Architects are senior members of the Enterprise IT team, responsible for the definition and delivery of IT strategy, infrastructure and/or application architecture for a specific technology or business capabilities within the company.
Each of the Enterprise Architects will be an expert in one or more of the following domains:
- Business/Application Architecture
- Technology and Infrastructure Architecture (including Integration)
- Data Architecture (Enterprise Information Management and Data & Analytics)
- Develop, communicate and align designs to roadmap and associated guidelines, methodologies and standards to ensure the effective management of risk related to IT change, supporting the defined IT strategy.
- Lead team and colleagues in the design and recommendation of solution options and designs to relevant Design Authorities ensuring alignment of technical capability to the technical roadmap, IT Strategy and business objectives.
- Work to, develop and propose improvements to architecture's approach and operating model to ensure a consistent approach to design, enable effective decision making and delivery and continually improve and evolve the way the architecture team supports its stakeholders.
- Propose changes to and ensure alignment against technology/application standards to ensure the ongoing evolution of our technology estate and that trade-offs such as benefit, and risk are considered and escalated to the appropriate level.
- Maintain architecture reference models and reference architectures so that decisions relating to technical architecture can be taken in the context of the as-is and to-be IT estate and to reduce risks around operational service, design and loss of knowledge.
- Agree and recommend IT strategy to design authorities and key stakeholders ensuring a common vision and agreed roadmap that supports a cross-enterprise view of direction.
- Facilitate the creation of, communicate and ensure the ongoing update of strategic roadmaps and associated guidelines, methodologies and standards in order to maintain the organisations strategic direction and the continued improvement, or sustainability of the Enterprise IT estate.
- Build and foster consensus and understanding in stakeholders to support the organisation's alignment to the IT strategy whilst also ensuring that it aligns to stakeholder's goals.
- Provide insight or recommendations to projects through creation and recommending Key Design Decisions to support the effective delivery of IT change and minimise risk and disruption to operational service or delays in delivery. Operate, when requested, as a project/programme level architect, owning the most complex architecture and design delivery challenges within the company.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- An excellent awareness of the technology and best practice pertinent to their domain, and interest in maintaining that awareness
- Strong financial acumen, effective at financial planning.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with both IT and business-facing colleagues
- Conceptual knowledgeable of IT architecture on key domains (process, applications, information/data and technical)
- Capable of facilitating discussions across stakeholder groups and forming recommendations based on best practice and organisational context.
- Strong workshop facilitation skills
- Ability to successfully convey complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to establish technical credibility within the professional community
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of designing, evaluating and selecting technical solutions for large complex business change programmes
- Significant experience of working with third parties such as solutions vendors, outsourced and research partners
- French language desirable
- Competent in the use of architecture modelling tools and repositories
- An understanding of various IT development lifecycles and processes, and systems engineering methodologies
- An appreciation of key utility industry concepts
- Experience of common Business Analysis tools and techniques
- Experience of working in regulatory environments
- TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework) qualified or aware
As part of our process, every endeavour is made to promote and accommodate flexible working and we would welcome applications from those meeting the skills and attributes required.
If you meet the skills and attributes required, please outline any flexible working requirements with your application.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.