Europe Sanctions Advisory Manager - City, London, United Kingdom,
An exciting opportunity to join a large, international bank's Sanctions Advisory team. The ideal candidate will need to be an experienced sanctions SME and will need; experience in leading a Sanctions Advisory Team, being the delegated Country Sanctions Officer, and liaising with regulatory authorities, e.g. OFSI, the FCA.
- Senior Manager supporting the Interim Regional Head of Sanctions by helping to lead the sanctions advisory team as a subject-matter expert (SME) on Sanctions, with a particular focus on regulatory matters, reporting requirements and formal correspondence..
- Act as lead advisor for reporting and licencing requirements under UK financial sanctions regulations - to include general reporting, advising on regulatory obligations and drafting licence application as required.
- Act as delegated Country Sanctions Officer (CSO) under the authority of the Regional Head of Sanctions for sanctions advisory matters.
- Leading on regulatory engagement and supporting countries on engagement with their domestic regulators
- Supporting the wider advisory team with SME knowledge on Sanctions and advisory matters including client due diligence and transaction referrals.
- SME on sanctions risk management and compliance with sanctions regimes imposed by the UK, European Union (EU), United Nations (UN), HKMA and USA, and HSBC Group sanctions policy.
- Analyse information, identify and track issues, and determine/address themes arising from regulators and the Compliance exception reporting processes.
- Identify and ensure remedial action from relevant findings including policy changes and LoB training within the Europe Region.
- Ensuring consistent and timely reporting with regulators, including OFSI and the FCA.
- Advising on risk management decisions concerning retention, exit and reporting for customers in the Europe Region.
- Advice and determination of sanctions matters in relation to specific transactions for the UK and Europe Region.
- Advising the Regional Reputational Risk and Client Selection Committees on relevant client relationships.
- Supporting the European region with deals, including negotiating and finalising wording in short timescales.
- Working with sanctions legal to ensure risk based approach within law and regulation.
- Helping manage advisory team, including work allocation, referral responses and general support with advisory tasks.
- Manage 2 direct reports through their day-to-day activities
Experience / Qualifications
- Extensive experience in drafting correspondence to and liaising with regulatory bodies is essential; specific experience with sanctions authorities such as OFSI would be beneficial.
- Deep understanding of UK/EU/UN/US sanctions essential.
- Experience dealing with regulatory breaches and high risk exposures.
- Experience managing a team of advisors or lawyers.
- Good understanding of business activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations from retail banking, wealth management, commercial banking, global banking, investments, transaction services, asset management, private banking and insurance.
- Good understanding of the FCA rules (e.g...... click apply for full job details