FATCA/CRS Subject Matter expert - 12 Month FTC - Bristol, Somerset, United Kingdom,
FATCA/CRS Subject Matter Expert - 12 Month FTC
Salary circa £60,000 PA + Excellent Benefits Package
This role will ideally be based in Bristol, however we are open to remote working.
Founded in 1978, Computershare employs over 12,000 people across the globe, providing services in over 21 countries to more than 25,000 clients. With a market capitalisation value of over $7 billion, Computershare has a group turnover of over $2 billion per annum. A global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, proxy solicitation, mortgage/loans services and communications, we also specialise in a range of other diversified financial and governance services and are a trusted partner of the UK Government.
Computershare is renowned for its expertise in data management, high volume transaction processing, payments and communications. Many of the world's leading organisations use these core competencies to help maximise the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors, members and customers.
Our vision is to leverage our global network, specialised technology, local and global financial markets expertise and unsurpassed service levels to keep Computershare at the forefront of the industry. As the perfect partner for organisations seeking consolidated tailored solutions and superior service, we constantly strive to widen the gap in quality between us and our competitors.
We have three key values that drive everything we do:
Certainty - Count on us to deliver every time
Ingenuity - Look beyond today's problems to find tomorrow's solutions
Advantage - Unlock your competitive advantage
Main Purpose of the Role
The FATCA/CRS Subject Matter Expert will provide operational tax advice across FATCA/CRS tax reporting to Computershare's business lines within the EMEA region and ensure that Computershare's FATCA/CRS operational tax risk is monitored within a robust governance structure.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Provide advice, guidance and industry insight to stakeholders, peers and colleagues as required across EMEA business lines
- Responsible for advising the Computershare EMEA entities in relation to their FATCA/CRS obligations
- Identifying, assessing the impact of and deciding the proposed course of action in relation to complex FATCA/CRS issues, including escalation where appropriate
- Identifying market changes and their impact to the risks and control frameworks
- Providing FATCA/CRS subject matter expertise to a range of projects as required
- Accountable for agreeing statements of work with external advisors and application of specialist advice
- Build and maintain networks internally and externally, gaining insight in area of specialism and keep abreast of industry trends
Tax Governance & Risk Framework
- As a trusted adviser, partner with key stakeholders to identify, record, measure and resolve FATCA/CRS tax risk in line with the Global Operational Tax policy and FATCA/CRS Global policy
- Accountable for providing FATCA/CRS education as required to ensure FATCA/CRS Tax risk is appropriately understood, managed and recorded
Review & Implementation of FATCA/CRS Policies and Processes
- Accountable for reporting on and escalating a range of FATCA/CRS issues, providing technical analysis, identifying risk and recommendations for mitigation
- Accountable for driving continuous improvement across FATCA/CRS processes
What are we looking for?
- An expert in FATCA/CRS technical tax matters
- Experience in reviewing FATCA/CRS processes and documentation, including classification of FATCA/CRS classification of entities
- Appreciation of FATCA/CRS risks arising within operational tax processes Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with ability to adapt to suit audience
- Expert at building strong working relationships with internal colleagues and external contacts
- Expert at meeting deadlines under pressure
- ACA/ACCA and/or CTA qualified
A Truly Diverse Place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers' needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
Keeping Our Employees Safe
We're currently performing all interviews, assessments and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Most of our employees are working remotely. For people who need to be in the office we're following government guidelines on safe working. This includes regular cleaning, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at any one time.
Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
The welfare of our employees is of paramount importance to us, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our people safe during this difficult time.
Working for Computershare
We pride ourselves on offering continuous training & development along with career progression opportunities for all employees. Appropriate training will be provided as the role demands ensuring the individual is set-up for success.
Computershare offers all employees 25 days holiday, excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan and a flexible employee benefits scheme.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks...... click apply for full job details