Finance Business Partner - Transformation Projects - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom,
Finance Business Partner - Transformation Projects
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: FTC (Until 31st December 2019)
About the role:
Reporting to Finance Director - Corporate Services, the Finance Business Partner for Transformation Projects will play a key role in supporting the Transformation Projects leadership team through monthly business performance reviews, providing value added analysis to aid decision making and ensuring delivery of accurate and timely budgets and forecasts.
About FP&A at Abcam
The FP&A department at Abcam is rapidly growing and evolving having been formed as a sister function to our core finance team during 2015. The aim of all of our FP&A colleagues is to support the various global business units, providing useful and insightful information to the senior and executives leaders to support and add value through the decision making, financial planning and budget management process.
Roles & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities are business performance management, business decision support and providing input into strategy and planning for Transformation Projects (TP).
To be met through: -
- Providing senior TP management with value added analysis in order to support both operational and strategic decision making - looking at the risks and opportunities and providing alternative ideas and corrective action planning
- Ensure TP and Finance leadership teams have visibility of significant issues/projects on a timely basis
- Provide monthly budget/forecast variance analysis to TP management and internally within finance
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of budget and forecast building
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of key performance indicators for TP in line with Abcam's strategic objectives
- Ad hoc analysis and modelling as required
- Develop dynamic reports and analysis to support long term planning
- Ensure that correct financial procedures are maintained and adhered to
The ideal candidate will be degree educated, possess a professional qualification (CIMA preferred) and have previous experience working in a Commercial Finance environment. You will need the ability to work alongside and influence senior members of staff, with particular reference to Corporate Services teams (Finance, Legal, HR, IT). You should also possess strong commercial acumen and the ability to see the bigger picture coupled with advanced analytical and scenario planning skills.
The following skills are equally important:
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks for multiple stakeholders operating to their own deadlines
- Strong excel skills including ability to reconcile and summarise large volumes of data
- Sound organisational and planning skills
- Previous experience of Oracle desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will be ambitious, a competent self-starter and have the ability to settle into a fast-paced business.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs. It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.
No agencies please.