Finance Business Partner - Heald Green, Cheshire, United Kingdom,
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to be based atour Head Office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £25-30k per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Finance Business Partner:
- To provide an effective business partnering relationship between the Finance and Programmes departments, to ensure that the Programmes department is updated on all relevant financial concerns
- To maintain financial control, due diligence and financial administration of Human Appeal's programmes, utilising the Projects Management System (PMS) and Data Management System (DMS)
- To acquire up-to-date status of project payments, ensuring these are monitored and shared via regular Financial Reports with the wider Programmes department to ensure consistent service delivery to our international partners and Field Offices
- To provide technical assistance to the Programmes department in the drafting of concept notes, budgets and proposals for both humanitarian and long-term development projects for both High Net Worth donors and Institutional funders
- To review all Financial Reports and Budgets submitted by Field Offices with the respective Programmes Coordinators in order to provide technical input and monitoring of funds spent
- To ensure that all funds are transferred in a compliant way, in accordance with local legislation
- To ensure that the charity's international suppliers, partners and staff are paid appropriately and in a timely fashion, and successfully ensure that the charity's income from funders and donors is accounted for appropriately
- To safeguard the charity from risk and in accordance with internal policies & procedures and external accounting regulations / Charity SORP / VAT etc.
- To provide support as required to internal and external audits whilst maintaining audit trails in partnerships with the Finance and Programmes departments and in accordance with the charity's policies and procedures
Benefits of joining us as our Finance Business Partner:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we're looking for in our Finance Business Partner:
- Qualified in a Finance discipline with a Foundation Level Accounting Qualification (AAT; ACCA; CIMA) or with a relevant Degree such as Economics
- Proven experience of at least 5 years working in a similar role within a financial discipline
- Prior experience working at a charity or INGO and developing budgets for Institutional donors is desirable
- Highly organised and computer literate, with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload
Passionate about international development work and humanitarian aid
This would be the ideal role for an Experienced Charity Finance Professional looking to further their career and continue to make a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click 'apply' today to become our Finance Business Partner - we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal
What our CEO Says:
"We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity"
Dr. Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
"I appreciate the support from the senior leadership team. The CEO is a hands-on leader who supports his workforce with passion and energy. He promotes his employees' successes and motivates his teams to work harder"
Humeira, Donor Care Manager
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
- We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
- We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
- We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY - click 'apply' today!