Finance Director - Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, United Kingdom,
SF Recruitment are looking for a qualified Finance Director to join the executive team in a new rapidly growing business based in Coventry.
This position will be an important part of the executive team, be appointed to the board and will report to the Managing Director. We are looking for somebody who will ensure high standards of financial management, coupled with a progressive and outcome orientated mind-set that will help this new public company to thrive and deliver a service that is truly valued.
- You will have overall responsibility for the company's financial affairs, and for its risk management
- You will need to ensure that the finance systems and processes are effective, proportionate and, as necessary, changed or enhanced to provide accurate, prompt and relevant financial management information to the board and executive team.
- Build strong relationships with the finance team, recognising their needs as paying customers, company Members and as accountable organisations.
- Develop a cost accounting system for the company to enable control to be exercised over project costs, and regular cost information to be produced for the key stakeholders. This should explicitly include contingency management.
- The successful candidate will be a CCAB qualified accountant
- Demonstrable prior experience of working in public sector and civil service accounts and organisations including government Spending Review processes
- They will be energetic and outcome focused, adept and finding solutions to problems.
- They will be a team player, able to inspire and lead as a member of the executive team, respecting and encouraging diversity of thought, as well as being able to work individually to provide high quality financial services.
- They will be a self-starter, confident in developing the financial and risk management systems needed
- They will understand the implications of working in the wider public sector, and in particular the probity and value for money implications that brings.
- The FD must be able to appreciate the differing requirements and motivations of key stakeholders, and ensure they give each stakeholder the confidence that the company's finances are in safe hands.
- Experience of working with small companies and multiple private sector income streams would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a program/project environment within the wider public sector would be advantageous.
The role will be 2/3 days a week though initially it may require more days. The rate is £65 - £75k pro rata with a car allowance of £6,600 pro rata.