GIS Consultant - Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom,
The role will involve:
- Dealing with mapping requests from across the business.
- Sourcing, preparing and analysing data to prepare graphics, metrics and reports in order to help non-GIS users understand the data we are presenting.
- Using Survey123, Dashboards and Insights to create internal applications to help deliver projects for clients.
- Assisting on projects with a significant proportion of data analysis, management and mapping - including liaison with members from other WYG services.
- Helping to improve our current use and deployment of GIS technology to raise quality and efficiencies, including the introduction of new technologies.
- Supporting the GIS team with delivering projects as needed.
This role is initially a 3-6 month Fixed Term Contract with potential to become permanent.
The role can be based in either our Southampton or Cockermouth offices.
- A relevant degree in GIS, environmental sciences or geographical sciences, with advanced knowledge of GIS software or work experience and qualifications reflecting a similar level of expertise.
- Experience with ESRI stack, particularly ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, Survey123, Collector and AGOL.
- Experience of working alongside teams in the delivery of data analysis and mapping.
- A proactive, organised and effective approach to your work and an appetite for diverse projects.
- The ability to work efficiently and respond quickly to meet deadlines, whilst working on several projects simultaneously.
- A good knowledge of using UK environmental and Ordnance Survey datasets.
The following are desirable skills, but not essential:
- Experience with ArcGIS extensions, including Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst and Network Analyst, Insights and Dashboards.
- Experience of using FME and/or Data Interoperability with ESRI stack.
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise and/or enterprise geodatabases.
- Knowledge of other GIS or CAD software.
- Python scripting, including ArcPy.
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client's objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team - 20,000 people in over 450 global locations - we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity...... click apply for full job details