Government Relations Manager - Chertsey, Surrey, United Kingdom,
Summary of Government Relations Manager
This Government Relations Manager role is based in a global brand in the North Surrey area. The role will work with the Director of Government & External Relations to maintain and improve reputation with the Government, politicians and other senior stakeholders so that we can advise Government to adopt policies that help our business and society.
Duties of Government Relations Manager
- Monitor and analyse Government policy developments, assessing potential impact on business and develop and deliver lobbying projects to change damaging policy.
- Develop and manage issues management system for issues that could affect the business, mitigating risks and maximising opportunities, supported by relevant communication and messaging tools and materials; building relationships and partnerships to manage issues.
- Deliver Government Relations events or, more commonly, the Government Relations part of company events, in particular support and political advocacy for Citizenship programme and events
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to shape Government Relations work that supports other areas of the business
- Develop programmes that support key B2B segments with potential public sector sales and promotion opportunities
- Manage company's relations with key trade associations in order that involvement is coordinated and to ensure such bodies fully represent company views
- Regular internal communication to distribute relevant political monitoring and alerts and relevant internal reporting as directed
Key Attributes of Government Relations Manager
- Excellent understanding of the UK political process
- Excellent analytical skills, showing understanding of how Government develops policy
- Excellent written skills, being able to explain complex policies succinctly and to construct arguments
- Experience of planning and executing Government Affairs programmes
- Degree level and related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in large organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required including the ability to present confidently and speak well with Parliamentarians and Government officials
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Working to very tight deadlines to deliver excellent results
- Experience working in multicultural environments and managing cultural differences
- Strong relationship building skills
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.