HR Advisory Senior Assistant, HR Services, 12 Month FTC - Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom,
Are you looking for the next exciting career opportunity? Do you have a passion for delivering high quality service and exceptional customer experiences? Do you want to work in a supportive team where you are valued for the diversity that you bring and your ideas are encouraged? If so this could be the role for you. HR Services are looking for a Senior Assistant to join our HR Advisory Service. The primary function of the role is to provide professional advice and support on a number of performance, conduct and sickness matters. The team works closely with a wide range SME colleagues from the internal HR community to deliver a co-ordinated service to the business.
The HR Services team totals 184 people, 113 of whom are based in Milton Keynes and 71 of whom are based in Hyderabad, India, all as part of the Practice Support Services Organisation. The team support the UK and Swiss Firms comprising of approximately 20,000 employees (including Partners) based across 24 UK and 6 Swiss offices.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
The HR Advisory Service Senior Assistant will provide end to end case management on a wide range of conduct, performance and sickness matters in addition to supporting the HR Advisory Service Management Team.
You will be required to:
- Provide end to end case management. This will include the advisory and administration aspects of all performance, conduct and sickness cases that fall within our remit.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude, articulating thoughts and ideas in a composed manner to instill confidence in others.
- Ensure cases are managed in a timely and effective manner, taking into account best practice and a commercial approach, escalating when appropriate to the management team or other HR SME colleagues.
- Build productive relationships within HR Services, the HR community and the wider business to increase effectiveness.
- Understand expectations in accordance with our Service Level Expectations and take personal responsibility for achieving them and collaborating with others to ensure deadlines are met.
- Actively participate in efforts to support and embed change across HR Services and the wider HR function as well as engaging with continuous service improvements.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness & risk management which includes an understanding of the current environment within which we operate and an ability to adapt recommendations or advice as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a methodical, analytical and clear approach to problems using appropriate tools and technologies to help identify priorities and support solutions.
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential, as is knowledge of SAP or other HR systems.
- Support colleagues from other HR teams with note taking at formal meetings.
- Your work, your choice
- At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Central Milton Keynes
Suggested work pattern:
Agile working options available.
Home working options available.
"Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate."
Your professional experience
- Previous HR Advisory experience, ideally from within a generalist HR team.
- CIPD or other relevant HR qualification is preferable.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the gravitas to command professional respect at all levels.
- A confident delivery of verbal and written communications with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience of end to end case management.
- Organised and motivated, able to motivate others.
- Intermediate level of MS packages.
- SAP experience preferable.
- Adaptable to change and ways of working.
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
About Practice Support Services
You will be part of Practice Support Services (PSS). PSS and its teams partner with the business internally to deliver a range of high-quality business administration and advisory services across a number of operational areas, including Engagement Support Services (ESS), HR Services and Pensions.
Underpinning PSS is its Projects and Operational Excellence (POpEx) function, ensuring the delivery of consistent high quality services across the business and supporting the delivery of projects, change and new services - locally, regionally and beyond.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
Requisition code: 171210