HR Consultant - City, Sheffield, United Kingdom,
To internally provide professional and innovative HR consultative services. This involves the wider development and implementations of policies and procedures.
An established public sector organisation based in Sheffield.
HR Consultant Key Roles
Focusing on business outcomes
- Ensure close alignment of the HR contribution to the needs of portfolios and services based on an in depth understanding of the business and the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Deliver HR services in line with the service offer and the agreed standards required
Leading business Change
- Promote, encourage and facilitate business improvement and change through the HR contribution at organisational wide, portfolio, service and team level
- Take responsibility for the delivery of projects and programme work streams
Shaping and Translating business Strategy
- Translate an in depth understanding of council, portfolio and service needs into specific HR interventions
- Ensure that the HR contribution is planned and delivered effectively to maximise contribution to organisational objectives
- Contribution to and membership of specific project/programme teams as required
- Deputise for the HR Service Manager as required
- Day to day technical/professional supervision of staff, mentoring other team members to build future capability and capacity, and provide technical advice to colleagues
Delivering to customers
- Ensure that the HR Contribution at organisational, portfolio and service level is in line with the prescribed standards required
- Deliver business focussed solutions for customers through the application of expert technical knowledge and responsible management of risk
- Highlight opportunities for and contribute to service and process improvement within the HR service
- Contribute to activity relating to budget management as required in relation to specific projects or work strands
- Attend meetings outside of working hours when appropriate and required by the customer
- All duties and responsibilities are to be carried out in accordance with the organisation's policies and procedures including policies on equality, diversity and inclusion and health and safety
- Any other related duties and responsibilities as may arise
Key Behaviours and Skills of the successful HR Consultant
Collaborative working - Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships and inspire confidence. Open and adaptable approach making it easy for communities, partners and colleagues to work with the organisation. Developing and managing stakeholder relationships with effective decision making and planning skills.
Communication - Communicates directly and honestly. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to positively promote understanding to a variety of audiences using a variety of communication channels well developed negotiating and influencing skills.
Creating and Innovating - The successful HR Consultant will positively seek to do things better, contributes and supports changes to improve services and systems. Uses mistakes as learning.
Planning and Organising
Plans ahead and works in a systematic organised way, managing time effectively. Effectively co-ordinates and deploys resources appropriately to meet service and customer needs.
Achieving Results Resilient approach and the ability to collaborate with others to deliver results to tight deadlines and under pressure. Demonstrates pace with judgement. Understanding the business direction - ensuring activities and decisions focus on delivering the business outcomes.
Customer focus - understanding customers' changing needs; working collaboratively across the organisation and with partners and the community.
Taking Personal Responsibility- taking initiative - taking action to seek opportunities to improve the business and solve problems. Ensuring Fairness - demonstrating and promoting the values of the organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance consultative skills within the human resources and personnel industry with an immediate start and competitve pay.