HR Consultant - City, London, United Kingdom,
Job Title: HR Consultant
Contract Type: Interim Day Rate
Day Rate: Circa £250-300 per day
Duration: 9 months
Location: Central London
The HR Consultant provides professional HR advice and expertise to client groups across the organisation as part of HR Operations. You will be required to work on a variety of activities, some of which may be complex, depending on the workload.
You will manage, interpret, advise and implement human resources' policies, procedures and programmes. It will be your role to support individuals on people and organisational matters through advice, coaching and support and to ensure that they operate effectively and appropriately including meeting mandatory requirements.
You will demonstrate a strong commitment to achieving optimum outcomes, ensuring that the organisation acts as a good employer and meets all of its relevant obligations.
The post holder will need to work closely with a variety of colleagues in HR to achieve optimum outcomes. Professional advice and leadership will come from the ER Case Work Lead. They will also be expected to lead and advise on relevant activities.
- Provide advice, coaching, guidance interventions to individuals and help resolve complex issues and people related problems.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure that decisions relating to staff are taken by managers in accordance with good practice.
- Actively manage any and all ER case work (e.g. facilitating conciliation, mediation, organising / leading investigations and advising panels / appeals as necessary; conducting Without Prejudice discussions as appropriate; managing ET casework).
- Support Joint Consultation and trade union facilities / recognition processes as required.
- Undertake job evaluations including role reviews.
- Assist in the talent acquisition and recruitment process including supporting individual recruitment and on-boarding activity.
- Support the delivery of training that is within their area of professional expertise and experience.
- Ensure that all necessary records and files are maintained accurately and appropriately.
- Support and facilitate the people aspects of change programmes, working closely with HRBPs and managers.
- Support colleagues from the HR Centres of Excellence in the development of HR programmes and frameworks.
Who are we looking for?
We would like to see applications from strong HR Generalists who are CIPD qualified and have experience across ER, Recruitment, Org Design, Capability Management, Change Management and an understanding of HR Systems.
We are open minded on sector experience. Ultimately, we are looking for people that are passionate about HR and professional and good-humoured approach.