HR Consultant - Oxfordshire, United Kingdom,
A superb opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK's leading companies in the role of HR Consultant.
This role would suit an excellent generalist who has very good experience within change management and who is not afraid to tackle difficult conversations - someone who will work in true partnership with colleagues and management in order to provide a 1st class HR service.
The aim of the position is to provide effective HR support, particularly in respect of complex Employee Relations, Reward (pay discussions where applicable), Ongoing Training, Development & Coaching of Line Managers and Resourcing to the Senior management team and colleagues.
- Provide end to end HR consultative support and coaching to management team members to ensure their capability in dealing with all people related matters.
- Provide case management when complex flexible working, absence management, performance management, disciplinary and grievance cases arise and compile all required paperwork including letters summarising the outcome of meetings.
- Advise, coach and guide line managers about levels and types of reward, including base and variable pay and incentives.
- Manage change management activities as and when they occur (TUPE, Restructure, Redundancy), ensuring effective employee communication and engagement is maintained throughout and following the change process.
- Manage the whole recruitment process (from vacancy design to offer) for a range of roles in the organisation (primarily U92/4), ensuring that candidates have a positive experience.
- Promote and support capability and succession management activities, coaching managers in the use of appraisal, competency framework and succession planning tools.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the department's internal and external customers / suppliers
- Support in conducting bi-annual audits of the on-site temporary recruitment agency to ensure compliance with UL service level agreement (SLA) and legislation.
- Lead any required strategic HR projects.
- Represent the HR department at relevant site meetings where appropriate.
- Review and discuss required actions related to analysis from weekly and monthly management information (MI) with senior site managers, providing insight and assistance to drive improvements across sites.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to A Level (minimum) or equivalent
- CIPD qualified or part-qualified
- Previous experience of working in a busy HR department in a generalist advisory capacity / similar role
- Previous experience of managing change management processes (TUPE / redundancy / restructures etc.)
- Complete understanding of HR processes and procedures
- Up to date, working knowledge of current UK employment law
- Experience of supporting complex HR case management in areas of performance management, absence management, disciplinary and grievance
- Proven experience of working in a confidential environment
- Able to influence at a senior management level (gravitas); understanding how to recognise; manage and engage all stakeholders
- Strong planning, organising and time management skills - able to balance priorities with ease especially when under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially via email and telephone
- Ability to process information accurately, quickly and logically
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Unafraid to challenge practice / process and people to ensure efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ability to connect and converse with People at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to work both autonomously and with direction
To apply to this role or for a confidential discussion, please contact Zoe Ellis at Brellis Recruitment asap.