HR People Services Consultant (6m FTC) - City, Manchester, United Kingdom,
This is a great opportunity that will play an integral role in our People Services model, as it provides a customer facing HR service to the wider business. The role will provide advice, guidance, education, training and support to managers and colleagues for all HR related matters, including employee relations, payroll, benefits, etc.
This is a 6-month fixed-term contract.
As a People Services Consultant you will act as main point of contact for all colleague and manager HR queries, providing quality advice to deliver first time resolution to queries wherever possible, whilst focusing on quickly establishing relationships and delivering a professional, customer centric service at all times.
Main responsibilities of the HR People Services Consultant include:
- Taking full end-to-end ownership of complex ER cases and supporting the business, where required, with any high-risk or complex Employee Relations issues by providing commercially balanced advice, guidance and support in line with employment law and company practice ensuring a professional and respected service to managers whilst minimising any potential risks to the business
- Partnering with HR Directors to give HR insight into their business unit
- Acting as an internal consultant to undertake, deliver and own smaller scale projects
- Engaging with key stakeholders to understand the project rationale, business context and potential impacts on people
- Working with the HR consultant team to facilitate and support on larger scale change projects or programmes
- Annually reviewing individually assigned HR policies in use, creating new policy documents where required, in line with our internal governance and document control process
- Having the ability to interpret/ explain payslips to colleagues and understand how certain benefits may impact entries
- Working with the internal Talent & Resourcing teams to assist with the implementation of the talent agenda and supporting people development initiatives
- Educating, coaching and empowering managers to help them reach their potential and resolve queries without the need for HR intervention in future where appropriate
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience in managing complex ER cases
- End-to-end project experience
- HR Shared Services experience
- Excellent customer & communication skills
Be great to also have:
- Commercial acumen
- HR system experience - workday & ADP
- CIPD qualification