HR Project Lead - Warrington, Cheshire, United Kingdom,
HR Project Lead - Health and Wellbeing (FTC - 12 months)
The HR Project Lead - Health and Wellbeing role will be responsible for the delivery of our health and wellbeing (H&WB) strategy across the business. The H&WB strategy aims to deliver a comprehensive, focussed and holistic health and wellbeing programme suited to the needs of the business, in a proactive and collaborative manner.
Authorities & Dimensions:
Health and Wellbeing (H&WB) became a higher priority focus for NNL during the COVID-19 crisis, with the potential for a negative impact on the health and wellbeing of our employees, An overarching H&WB strategy (incorporating ongoing H&WB programme) and approach to deliver this was agreed, resulting in the need for extra resource to deliver.
The strategy aims to ensure the H&WB needs of all employees are considered in a focussed, consistent and proactive manner; meet the needs of the business from a commercial perspective, ensuring initiatives and working groups are engaged in the right areas and aligned on targets and goals. It will also support the Company EVP and ensure that NNL remains compliant with statutory requirements.
This role is vital to the success of bringing the strategy to life for the benefit of employees and the business. Not responsible to manage any individuals directly but this role will lead, co-ordinate, advise and guide a number of project groups, consisting of employees from across the organisations at all levels, requiring proven project management and communication skills
- Interpreting the H&WB strategy into deliverables across the 5 themes, with a 3 year look ahead in collaboration with the theme owners, ensuring it meets the needs of the business;
- Creating a blueprint, with the H&WB theme owners that will guide the entire programme from ideation to fruition, clarifying its scope, necessary resources, anticipated timeframe, communication strategy, and more;
- Setting up Governance structure, including formation of a Steering Committee and ongoing programme meeting schedules;
- Management of cross-functional H&WB project teams, to deliver the H&WB strategy, to time, cost and quality to achieve customer satisfaction;
- Leadership; coaching, and support to other project team members as required;
- Keeping the H&WB programme on schedule and, when issues arise, is responsible for resolving them and communicating effectively with theme owners and other stakeholders;
- Developing and managing the H&WB programme budget, in accordance with NNL process;
- Monitoring and recording of progress of workstreams against agreed deliverables, highlighting potential crossovers;
- Ensuring the current H&WB programme (focussed on compliance and assurance) successfully completes against agreed scope;
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provision;
- Measuring effectiveness of H&WB initiatives across the business; and development of a plan for the ongoing success of the programme;
- Input into other specific HR projects as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Project Management professional qualification is essential.
- HR experience is essential.
- CIPD professional qualification is desirable.
- Experience of working in a similar role, within an HR environment;
- Demonstrable track record of successfully project managing, leading and delivering HR related projects;
- Extensive experience of operating in a project management environment, working with local leaders to create positive business outcomes;
- Demonstrable experience of team leadership / mentoring / coaching;
- Experience of using typical project management tools, processes & software;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Incl. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project / EPM;
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging...... click apply for full job details