Head of Children and Young People Integrated Commissioning - London, United Kingdom,
- Key leadership role in the directorate, where appropriate building opportunity within the local geographical area with other key partners, NHS, Local Authority and 3rd sector;
- Realise the collaborative advantage through integrated working for the benefit of children, young people and their families;
- Overall responsibility for the commissioning and collaborative advantage of integration within Children and Young Peoples services across the location; includes children and young people with Special Education Needs and Disability, primary and acute health needs, Child and Adolescent Mental Health, public health, continuing care including personal health budgets for children and young people with complex needs, Maternity and Peri-Natal mental health;
- Develop an innovative, evidence-based and sustainable approach to commissioning services for children and young people. The approach will be integrated and aligned to the strategic ambitions of the local authority, the CCG and where appropriate neighbouring CCGs and partners across the local STP;
- Translate the approaches into plans, develop discrete projects and deliver robust integrated services to time and in a cost-effective way, ensuring projects and initiatives are delivered on time, to quality standards and in a cost-effective manner, adjusting plans as required;
- Be responsible for the development, management and continuous improvement of the transactional functions and processes within the directorate, identifying interdependencies across projects/functions, potential impacts on wider organisation, resource requirements and building in contingency and adjustments as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge of specialist areas, acquired through post graduate diploma or equivalent experience or training plus further specialist knowledge or experience to master's level equivalent;
- Must have an understanding of the background to and aims of current NHS healthcare policy and appreciate the implications of this on engagement;
- A clear understanding of the relationship between the Department of Health, the Strategic Health Authority and individual provider and Commissioning organisations.