Head of Content - Bolton, Lancashire, United Kingdom,
A bit about us
We're a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we're a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we're about.
More about the Head of Content (Maternity Cover) role:
Calling all word wizards and content champions we're looking for someone to head up our hugely talented Content team to cover a 6 month maternity leave.
This is a really exciting role where you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with a whole host of people, teams and departments on lots of varied content projects.
You'll help curate and craft inspirational, educational and engaging copy and video scripts across the AO Group, overseeing everything from through-the-line campaigns, brand communications and product stories.
You'll manage a large team of talented writers, ensuring we collectively cultivate creative excellence across all touch points, gathering together all content threads into a compelling and consistent brand story.
And you'll be an essential part of the roll-out of our AO brand, its tone of voice, personality and guidelines, working closely with the Brand team and third party agencies to help AO become a world class brand.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our Head of Content (Maternity Cover):
- Roll-out and protect our AO brand: personality, tone of voice, copy and creative guidelines.
- Manage the end to end creative development of AO world content driven by business need, developing and maintaining a consistent and cohesive brand approach.
- Provide creative mentorship and sign off for all AO Retail copy and video scripts across all channels and platforms.
- Manage the development of both rational and emotional content across all channels and platforms.
- Manage the development of a best in class team, able to operate across copy and script, interpreting the AO brand consistently across all required channels and platforms.
- Provide brand guideline mentorship and creative support to the Design, Multimedia and UX teams.
- Be a key stakeholder for content with third party agencies and in-house teams.
- Take overall accountability for team efficiencies and KPIs.
A Few Things About You:
- Ability to combine commercial business need, brand discipline and creative thinking.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience in managing in house teams.
- Passion for people development.
- Confident with asserting opinions but open to feedback and differing perspectives.
- Capable of communicating in a clear, open, convincing, and inspiring manner.
- Success with effectively and quickly building relationships and establishing trust among peers.
- Comfortable with working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Why Choose AO:
At AO, our culture and our AO'way of doing things is vital to our success. We're passionate people, determined to do whatever's necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you'd expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO'er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO'ers don't just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn't our thing. We don't follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things:
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
Don't miss the chance to join our growing team! Click 'Apply' now to find out more about our Head of Content (Maternity Cover) role.