Head of Data Architecture - London, United Kingdom,
This organisation deals with some of the biggest and most challenging problems with Big Data in the industry. They are looking for a Head of who is comfortable working within an agile environment. They are one of the largest retailers in the UK and generate masses of data and they are always looking for better ways to understand their customers and optimise their experience.
In this role as a Solution Architect you will be:
- Data architectural accountability: For how they collect, structure and use our data across the organisation.
- Data architecture approach and principles: To design how they deliver on their needs for data (as measured by quality, richness, trust, accessibility) whilst retaining agility/adaptability across the estate
- End-to-end data architecture: Across their data estate, including operational systems and data lake
- Data Modelling: Ensure that data modelling (conceptual, logical, physical) is to a high standard across the organisation. Define and own the enterprise wide data modelling standards and ensure they are effectively implemented and adhered to.
- Team Development: Hire a strong team of modellers to help you with this large scale project.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A wealth of experience creating architectures and models in large, consumer-orientated organisations
- Able to demonstrate a technology agnostic approach for the subject area modelling and logical data modelling. Creating the models will include optimised models for data marts supporting the organisation's objectives.
- Experience with the modern data, analytics and business intelligence tools, e.g., AWS, Data Lake, Spark, Scala, SQL, SalesForce and Power BI
- A broad understanding of data environments, BI stacks, and ETL tools.
- Up to £120k Salary
- Competitive Pension scheme
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV to Daniel Moss via the Apply link on this page