Head of Essex Centre for Data Analytics - Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom,
*This is a 3 year FTC *
The Essex Centre for Data Analytics (ecda) is a new collaborative venture funded by Essex County Council, Essex Police and University of Essex. The aim of the program is to make Essex an international leader in using the power of data science and artificial intelligence in public policy. Inspiring innovation and working collaboratively to ensure Essex is developing data-led insight to strengthen the approach to predictive/preventative solutions so that interventions can be made as early as possible. Central to the delivery of the ecda is this new and unique opportunity, Head of the Essex Centre for Data Analytics
Responsible for driving cultural and organisational change in sharing data, the Head of the Essex Centre for Data Analytics will work closely with a diverse stakeholder community to ensure the capabilities developed, align strongly with shared strategic priorities. Identifying key business challenges that improved use of data can support and ensure approaches to sharing information are future proofed.
You will .
* Proactively lead, plan, co-ordinate and manage the ecda work programme, provide expert advice to inform corporate thinking and remove barriers to collaborative working.
* Lead, manage and identify resources and pipeline projects, delivered through a network of analysts, supported by service-specific staff responsible for datasets. Implement and oversee a rigorous approach to developing cases for investment and measuring impact.
* Responsible for managing the ecda budget and contract arrangements with suppliers, including a data sharing platform. Procuring, instructing and managing the performance of relevant solutions.
* Building, managing and maintaining strong relationships to ensure all ecda projects and programmes effectively deliver operational benefits and link back to strategic priorities.
* Engage with key leads across the Partnership to understand business needs, ensuring stakeholders are actively consulted in the delivery of the ecda work programme.
* Identify external data, research and analytical resources to support the delivery of projects, for example with third sector and voluntary organisations.
* Identifying best practice examples and horizon scanning for potential opportunities, keeping abreast of emerging areas in the field of AI and data science, putting forward recommendations to the partnership board for using data and intelligence to improve decision making.
* Representing ecda and the Essex partnership at national forums, meetings, conferences and seminars as required to promote the work and learn from others.
* Educated to RQF level 6 (Bachelor's degree) or equivalent by experience.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in a relevant area (eg data science, predictive analytics, data integration solutions).
* Experience of working within a data rich, complex operating environment of scale; instilling and distilling common processes and standards with regard to data analytics.
* Exposure to working within, or supplying into, a complex, large organisation, public sector experience is desirable.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate digital services. Understands the different technical roles in a multidisciplinary team.
* Project management experience that includes evidence of effective budget and resource management within required timescales.
* Proven communication skills with an ability to influence and motivate teams and partners.
* Experience of creating and proactively leading change initiatives in a complex environment.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on