Head of Finance - London, United Kingdom,
Working Pattern: FULL TIME
Rate: £212 PER DAY
Start Date: ASAP
The Head of Finance will be the technical lead for Financial Accounting, providing strategic advice to members, directors and assistant directors, their companies, and stakeholders in accordance with the Councils' corporate plan, company business plans, priorities and values.
You will be expected to act as the lead coordinator for the annual production of the both Councils and other stakeholders Statement of Accounts, maintain the integrity underpinning chart of accounts, balances and transactions to facilitate all aspects of statutory and management reporting.
* To manage day to day activity within the Financial Accounts team, including design and implementation of processes and procedures for other staff to follow.
* To provide technical accounting advice to Councils staff to ensure that best practice and relevant accounting standards and guidance is adhered to, while ensuring strong financial governance framework is provided that meets the needs of both Councils objectives.
* To deputise for the Deputy Chief Finance Officer (DCFO), as may be reasonably required from time to time in relation to day to day accountancy, controls, strategic treasury management activities, banking and cash management.
* Membership of appropriate professional body e.g. CIPFA, or other CCAB body.
* Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
* Educated to a degree level
* Key knowledge and intelligence of changing financial legislation and initiatives that impact on the public sector
* Local Authority knowledge and intelligence
If you are interested in this position, know anyone who would be interested in this position or would like to know more about this position or any other positions we are recruiting for, please contact Andre at Tempting Recruitment now.