Head of Financial Accounting - Derbyshire, United Kingdom,
SF Recruitment are currently working with a well established business in Derby who are looking for a Head of Financial Accounting to join the business on a 6 month contract basis. The main purpose of the role is to ensure the Group and individual members receive the financial data required to help achieve improved service delivery, maintaining a strong partnership approach in support of operational teams delivering effortless customer experiences. Ensure key stakeholders, including regulatory bodies, funders and HMRC, receive high quality information, as required, to ensure the Group is not exposed to risks such as, litigation, winding up orders, downgrading of viability and / or supervision.
- Ensure risk of inadequate cash liquidity in individual Companies and the Group is effectively monitored and controlled.
- Lead on the maintenance of accounting records, procedures and systems; maintain robust financial systems and internal controls which are continuously improved to meet business need.
- Establish and maintain financial procedures and ensure that all relevant team members are operating in compliance with them.
- Ensure that financial systems comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and good practice.
- Prepare and produce Statutory Accounts and quarterly management accounts; liaising regularly with managers regarding income and expenditure.
- Produce short and medium term cash flow forecasts and monitor actual against forecast.
- Engage in ongoing efficiency analyses in all areas of the Group including interpreting the Group's financial results to management and recommending improvements.
- Review of control account and bank account reconciliations
- Provide information for calculation of the corporation tax returns
- Provide senior managerial leadership for Finance and Accounting and co-ordinate all associated activities to ensure smooth and efficient delivery within the requirements of continuous improvement, regulatory guidance and accountancy good practice.
- Lead the financial accounting function; driving improvements in financial systems to deliver effortless customer experiences whilst ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Provide appropriate reporting systems to the Director of Finance and Group Finance and Resources Director.
- Accountable for payroll function including ensuring administration of PAYE and NIC and timely reporting to HMRC.
- Oversee the administration of VAT.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of leading, managing, developing and empowering staff within a customer-focused and changing environment
- Proven experience of managing a significant finance function
- Experience of producing statutory and management accounts and consolidated group accounts
- Experience of implementing financial systems, procedures, internal controls and treasury management
You must be immediately available or available on short notice to be considered for this role.