Head of HR - Gosport, Hampshire, United Kingdom,
Head of HR - Fareham (Hampshire) -12 Month Maternity Cover - £80,000 DOE
ARM have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of HR to join one of our clients located in Fareham, Hampshire. This will be for a 12 month contract to cover maternity.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, reporting hierarchically to the Regional HR Director, Europe, the role is responsible for managing the HR team based in the UK and union relations within the scope of the role. Working with the business and HR leadership the role will contribute and deliver the local HR strategy.
- Manage the day to day HR function and all relevant activities
- Strategic workforce planning to ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time
- With the support of the HR team, provide strong HR business partnering support to the line management
- Project manage the suite of HR projects to ensure progress and on time delivery
- Manage litigation and seek support where required from the European HRD and support lawyers
- Prepare and participate in all meetings with the recognised union
- Lead negotiations of collective agreements of the company then write, communicate and follow agreements concluded
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the European payroll team
- In the absence of their line manager, on-site daily guidance of payroll staff. Line management responsibility lies with the European Payroll Manager
- Support European Payroll Manager to deliver the payroll in the unexpected absence of the Payroll Administrator
- Track record of effective management of HR teams, including development and growth of the teams
- CIPS Qualification
- Experience of manufacturing, engineering, industrial and unionised environments
- Track record of competently managing complex employee relations matters, including disciplinaries and grievances
- Creation and delivery of HR projects across a defined business area
- Change management and structure change experience adding demonstrable value to the business.
- Solid knowledge of HR including UK employment law and TUPE
- Expertise of working effectively within an HR Business Partnering model
- Ability to manage teams and lead them through change projects
- Up to date working knowledge of employment law
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.