Head of Housing Delivery - London, United Kingdom,
The primary purpose of the role is to lead and deliver the Council's Affordable Homes Programme including being accountable for the Mayoral priority of starting of 1,000 council houses by 2022.
The Head of Housing Delivery will lead a multi-disciplinary team of expert professionals ensuring the effective and timely implementation, of designing and delivering better homes
The Head of Housing Delivery will have a passion for delivering affordable homes and improving neighbourhoods, from design quality and safety of build right through to engagement with key stakeholders including politicians and the local community.
Above all the Head of Housing Delivery will excel in establishing high performing teams, motivating professionals, whilst maintain a firm grip on key priorities and deliverables.
- Lead the Housing Delivery Team on the entire life cycle of development and construction from inception to full completion and handover. This will include being responsible for design matters, planning processes, construction management, and resident engagement throughout.
- Be responsible for a capital budget of up to £100m per year.
- Be responsible for housing-related acquisitions for the Council
- Lead on effective stakeholder management, including multi-disciplinary delivery team, regeneration, planning, elected members, the Mayor and residents in the community.
- Design and implement a strategic housing delivery plan
- Author and implement the Strategic Housing delivery plan, aligned with the Affordable Homes Programme, Building Council Homes for Londoners grant programme, the Corporate Plan and other legislation.
- Lead on technical construction advice
- Extensive knowledge of and relevant qualification in: Design/Architecture/ Project Management
- Housing Development Management and Construction Management experience on small and large complex projects
- Excellent understanding of development finance, cost drivers, a detailed understanding of housing grants and funding options.
- Knowledge of construction contracts
- Through understanding of public sector and housing practice and political environment
- Demonstrable experience of leading major capital programmes to time, cost and high quality
- A track record of successfully delivering quality affordable housing on a large scale
- Acquisition of land and or completed housing projects
- Experience of leading procurement on large complex housing delivery projects, joint ventures and of using OJEU and construction frameworks