Head of Human Resources - Bedfordshire, United Kingdom,
Job Title - Head of Human Resources
Location - Milton Keynes
Rates - Up To £571.18 per day (LTD/Umbrella)
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
In this role you will be an integral member of the senior business leadership team, contributing to the development of the business strategy from a commercial and people management perspective.
You will have experience with Trade Unions as well as leading a team as this is a people management position.
What you will do:
- Working closely with the supported business area/s to develop, drive and implement the HR Strategy/People Plan to include; talent, succession planning, workforce planning and change management, in order to support the delivery of business objectives and drive a high-performance culture.
- Act as an integral member of the business leadership team, building strong relationships with senior business leaders and other relevant stakeholders. Coach, advise and challenging thinking in addition to co-development, design and execution of integrated medium to long term people initiatives to meet current and future business needs.
- Act as a change agent; lead, support and contribute to change programmes, driving and championing the implementation of HR solutions within the supported business area, gaining acceptance from key stakeholders.
- Proactively manage functional trade union relationships, working with the Employee Relations team, appropriate HR Business Partners and managers across the business.
- Reinforce and support the ownership of people management by the business, and so drive the HR Business Partner model.
- Influence the centres of expertise development of strategy and policy through sharing business requirements and inputting into the development of execution planning.
- Lead a team of HR professionals to deliver effective HR Business Partnering to the supported business area/s, drawing on external best practice, trends and drive continuous improvement.
- Work in collaboration with; Centres of Expertise, HR Shared Services, HR Direct and HR Business Partner teams to proactively identify and influence changes that improve HR service.
- Lead key functional HR Projects across the business function (i.e. HR Maintenance) or across the broader HR Function.
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrates strong business/commercial approach and understanding of business needs.
- Excellent relationship building skills demonstrated through proven experience of working in partnership with directors and senior business leaders, in order to improve people management practices and develop strategic HR plans.
- Standard Trade Unions experience.
- People management experience.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing best practice HR solutions to drive a high-performance culture.
- Ability to establish professional credibility quickly.
- Experience of coaching and influencing senior business leaders, along with ability to negotiate and influence effectively with all levels of an organisation.
- Experience of working in partnership with senior business leaders to identify, develop and retain talent.
- Excellent technical HR Knowledge - MCIPD qualified or relevant experience to demonstrate level of competence.
- Proven track record of operating in a large complex working environment.
- Excellent leadership and management experience with a focus on delivering business focused HR support both personally and through a team.
- Experience of managing large scale, complex change programmes e.g. Organisation Re-design, TUPE, redundancy programmes, etc
- Graduate calibre.
- Experience of working within a highly unionised environment (Maintenance & Operations Functions).
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.