Head of Marketing - Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom,
The Entertainer is the largest family-owned toy retailer with over 170 stores in the UK and a rapidly growing online and international business. We have opened over 30 new UK stores in the past two years and we have ambitious plans for further growth. As part of the brands International growth strategy we have recently acquired the Spanish toy retailer Poly which has seen an addition of 55 shops to the retail estate in Spain. More recently we completed the acquisition of the Early Learning Centre, which will see an addition of 400 shops internationally. This is an exciting time for the business as we look to integrate these companies and build the brands. As one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for in the UK we really care about our people, customers and the communities in which we trade in. We are now looking for a Head of Marketing to lead the retail marketing team based in Little Chalfont. This will be to cover a period of MAT leave of 12 months.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) the Head of Marketing will manage the brands, retail marketing and media campaigns for the business ensuring smooth role out and return on investment. Working closely with agency partners you will ensure all campaigns are on brand and delivered flawlessly, with maximum impact.
Responsibilities - Head of Marketing
- Create and implement marketing strategy for each channel
- Manage the marketing budget for each channel
- Provide direction, guidance and leadership to the marketing department
- Manage the activation of TV and ATL activity
- Provide direction for creative and photography for campaigns
- Develop brand guidelines for ELC
- Work with project group to bring ELC retail to life
- Report on all activities to the CMO, trade groups and stakeholders
- Support the Curated wholesale vision of the company
- Be the marketing lead for any company projects
Required Skills - Head of Marketing
- Significant senior retail Marketing experience gained within a multi-site retailer is required for this position
- A strong and proven background in sales, trading and commercial achievement
- Budget accountability and management within a senior position
- Proven experience of leading, managing and inspiring teams to achieve outstanding results with a customer centric approach
- Extensive experience in working with multiple brands on campaign and media execution
- Partnership marketing and a natural ability to work with multiple brands and partners is essential
- A marketing degree or relevant work experience to a senior level is required
- Strong stakeholder and communication skills with an ability to work and develop an aligned approach with associated teams such as web
- Natural presenter able to engage audiences and deliver results and strategy to board level
- Marketing project management and licensing marketing experience are both key to the role
As Head of Marketing with the Entertainer you will thrive in an autonomous, demanding and fast paced position. You will be joining the business at an exciting time with huge growth across both the UK and International markets. The Head of Marketing will be integral to the continued success and growth of the brand especially in a partnership capacity. Recent examples include Matalan and M&Co and this is an area of the business that is likely to continue to grow at pace. Your vision and strategic influence will be vital to the on-going success of these partnerships. The Head of Marketing will bring passion, creativity and a strong work ethic to the role. They will enjoy a busy role, where they can get stuck in and add genuine value to the role and team with their skills and experience.
The Head of Marketing may have gained their previous experience as Head of Retail Marketing, Head of Marketing or could be looking for their first Head of role stepping up from a Senior Retail Marketing Manager or Senior Marketing Manager role. We would also welcome applications from a marketing agency background at a senior level who may have worked with multiple retail brands in an associated role.
In return for your enthusiasm and service centric approach the company offer a base salary in the range 65-70k with 5% pension and 33 days holiday.
If you would enjoy being part of The Entertainer's on going success story then apply now to be considered for their Head of Marketing MAT cover role.