Head of Procurement / Manager - Taunton, Somerset, United Kingdom,
I'm currently seeking an experienced Head of Procurement to come in and take control of Procurement matter and contract regs for a government based in Taunton.
Based in Taunton, initial 3 month contract - extension are likely
Rates are negotiable: the ball park is around £470-500pd
IR35 status: Inside
You will have experience of leading at very least in a small capacity
- Ensuring all contractual arrangements provide value for the money for the client, and comply with the Public Contracts Regulations & EU Treaty.
- Creating and leading a professional Procurement function which supports and meets the objectives and Corporate Plan.
- Managing the skills of the Procurement function to ensure they are sufficient to meet the business, profession and supplier market requirements.
- Providing procurement advice and guidance to Heads of Divisions and other senior managers on all contractual issues, including procurement strategies and compliance with legal requirements, to ensure the value for money, legality and propriety in all purchasing and sales.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of policy regarding procurement in line with Government policy and strategic aims.
- Influencing MOD, Government and Professional bodies on procurement issues to safeguard the corporate aims.
- Protecting the information assurance assets, including intellectual property, through appropriate contractual clauses and supplier relationships.
- Public sector procurement experience is highly desired
The role requires SC clearance; the client will seek to gain this for the individual during the period of the contract if not already achieved.
We do have the facility to get you started whilst this is being processes.
Please get in touch with your availability.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://en-gb/candidate-privacy